Character
    Vela Zhezzaia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurhz View Post
    I'll take Cirina. :P
    That perfectly fine. Sure you would not be the only one who would bring Cirina out into the world. Thought I would expect a lot of Y'shtola and Thancred running around the world. I could also see a lot of Alisaie. Which I would love to see this over out battle mounts. Hell I would rather team up with Midgardsormr over a chocobo. If they did this stuff. I would be using the companion system more then I am. I would be perfectly happy with npc companion. Fact npc companions might be better then npc romance. Square should take a few of the things Star Wars the old Republic got right.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicNeko View Post
    I would be using the companion system more then I am. I would be perfectly happy with npc companion. Fact npc companions might be better then npc romance. Square should take a few of the things Star Wars the old Republic got right.
    FFXI already has this, they know how to do it if they want to do it. Certainly it would be used if the game had it but it's not really a high priority at this point. Your squad are other players for most content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vela Zhezzaia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    FFXI already has this, they know how to do it if they want to do it. Certainly it would be used if the game had it but it's not really a high priority at this point. Your squad are other players for most content.
    I know I just wish they would bring this out on one of those odd patches that do not have all the big content stuff that the even patches do. It should be easy to copy the code from FF11 and post it in the right spots in FF14. Add in some npc the devs know people want to spend time with.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicNeko View Post
    It should be easy to copy the code from FF11 and post it in the right spots in FF14.
    that's not how programming works. they are are different games with different systems. the AI for FFXI can't make FFXIV NPCs function.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    that's not how programming works. they are are different games with different systems. the AI for FFXI can't make FFXIV NPCs function.
    Exactly, FFXI and FFXIV use completely different graphic engines for one, to say nothing of differences in server code and the like. Having said that, we do have a couple of FFXI armour sets in FFXIV already (the 'Wootz' sets for tanks and LNC/DRG) so it is possible to add FFXI armour to the game.

However I suspect it's not as simple a task as it appears to be, and probably isn't even 'copying armour models across', more likely they model the FFXI armour in the new engine completely from scratch (or at least the textures, the aforementioned Wootz tank set is far far more detailed texture wise than the FFXI Koenig's armour it's based on).

But I'm getting away from the thread topic here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athena Harbinger
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 80
    I'd happily work on winning over Grynewaht but...

Spoiler + other stuff mixed with said spoiler
    To ether save him from being turned into a raging monster or with the power of alchemy and...magic change him back. I guess that's what Fantasia is for, I already asked my bf to have his roe alt temporally change to a Hellsguard that looks like Grynewaht, as I think he got his war to 60~
    (0)
    "Luigi--playing dungeons and dragons with your imaginary friends doesn't count as work! LUI-GEE"- Vinny Vinesauce 2k15

Part of the minority that dislikes Zenos.
    --
    I also play as Eros Grehryss, and Bhen Sirius

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I would be happy if could marry Magnai.
    (0)
    Last edited by hynaku; 09-23-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Speaking about NPCs: do we know anything about laws in Eorzea? I'm sure there'd be a lot of people interested in Khloe...
    (0)
    Last edited by Terkhev; 09-14-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vela Zhezzaia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Terkhev View Post
    Speaking about NPCs: do we know anything about laws in Eorzea? I'm sure there'd be a lot of people interested in Khloe...
    Not really. Thought I am pretty sure WoL has broken countless laws.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4