Player
    Character
    Reginaux Vannaire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

Error in the new 3.5 beast tribe dialogue?

Quest: When Good Dragons Go Bad

When meeting the Vath Deftarm, he says the following:

Vath Deftarm: As she told it, these furry creatures make their home in the Sea of Clouds, where they now toil day and night to rebuild a great and ancient plaza, with the aid of dragons and men. Surely such an industrious tribe would have much in common with myself and my compatriots. Very much indeed!

Later, the says:

Vath Deftarm: Master and student, striking out on adventure once more─my heart pounds in anticipation! Let us make for the Churning Mists without delay. I shall race you there!

Are the Churning Mists part of the Sea of Clouds?
    I thought they belong to Dravania.

Thanks in advance!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yas Ticot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    There is something similar I asked the French localization team.

Here was the answer I got.

In Japanese and French, these zones are called something like "Sky Foam of Dravania / Alabathia". For instance, in French The Sea of Clouds are L'Écume des cieux d'Abalthia while The Churning Mists are L'Écume des cieux de Dravania.

In French at least, but I think in Japanese as well, La Mer des Nuage (literally The Sea of Clouds, I don't know the official name in English) is a big area englobing both L'Écume des cieux de Dravania (the area The Sea of Clouds) and L'Écume des cieux d'Abalathia (the area The Churning Mists).

So, either it is a translation issue, or they wanted to refer to that huge area in English and got it mixed up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    As Yasminou says, in Japanese the zone names are:

[EN] Sea of Clouds
    [JP] Abalathia Sea of Clouds

[EN] Churning Mists
    [JP] Dravania Sea of Clouds

So it's a bit confusing. I think it would have been better to stick with the English zone names in the dialogue, but you can argue for it being technically correct in a sense. This constantly confuses me already when talking with Japanese players so I'm used to it (I wish the localisation team was a little less diligent in localising things that are constantly referred to in cross-language conversations).
    (1)

There was nothing particularly complicated at work here, just a simple typo, which has since been fixed and should be reflected in the next update. Sorry about the confusion!
    (2)