Community Rep EU_Community_Team's Avatar

Musical Guests for EU Fan Fest Announced , including Nobuo Uematsu!

In case you missed it, the musical guests for the EU Fan Festival have finally been announced!

On Saturday 18th February, German pianist and composer Benyamin Nuss will perform in a captivating piano concert, accompanied by talented vocalist Susan Calloway.

Plus, our very own FFXIV sound director, composer and favourite crowd pleaser Masayoshi Soken will attend with his band the Primals, who will rock our collective socks off on Sunday 19th February.

Last but seriously not least, on Sunday afternoon we will get to see Soken and Nobuo Uematsu on stage in a special talk session!
    A number of ticket holders will also have the chance to meet Uematsu in person with exclusive signing sessions (details to be announced at a later date).

You can check the full event schedule here.

Have you gotten your tickets already? What are you looking forward the most at the Fan Fest?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Me? ALLLLLLLLL OF it, went to the one in London with my wife and it was the easily the most fun time we had together ever and so looking forward to attending it again as this will be our first time going abroad alone but my wife's first time ever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Koharu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    The whole fanfest and meeting up with my FC sounds awesome and looking forward to it! Also very excited Nobuo Uematsu will be coming! Those details about those "number of ticket holders" that get to have a signing session, is there any update about that yet? As it is currently only two weeks away (whoo!), and I still haven't found anything about that yet.
    (0)

Community Rep EU_Community_Team's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filana View Post
    The whole fanfest and meeting up with my FC sounds awesome and looking forward to it! Also very excited Nobuo Uematsu will be coming! Those details about those "number of ticket holders" that get to have a signing session, is there any update about that yet? As it is currently only two weeks away (whoo!), and I still haven't found anything about that yet.
    Hello!

Regarding the signing sessions with Nobuo Uematsu at the EU Fan Fest, there will be more info soon. Keep your eyes peeled a little while longer - we will be announcing the details on the Fan Festival website.
    (1)

Character
    Zinnia Higana
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Community_Team View Post
    What are you looking forward the most at the Fan Fest?
    I'm hoping they post the lyrics to "Rise". Been waiting for those since 3.4
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Koharu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Heavily watching my mails today after the announcement, it popped while I was busy organizing some other mails and got my code and timeslot. Add the Nobuo Uematsu's signing sessions to my list of excitement!

*dances moogle dance*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crysten Kimura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    As a player with a security code dongle rather than a phone security code, you can imagine my rage when I get the e-mail at 3pm, at work, and find I need my one time password to log into the system to redeem my code. I've since gotten home two hours later and of course, allocations have gone.

This was not mentioned at any point in the blog post. As such, I'm annoyed that this wasn't communicated ahead of time, especially when it seems that SE's website seems to be very picky and choosy about which areas you do and don't require the token code on.

Please accept this as feedback regarding communications going forward - if I'd have known I needed to log into my SE account, I would have prepped my token beforehand.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It was in general badly handled..Whoever planned it needs to get better. Its not good that some people got their email a lot later than others. Some even got theirs after all the slots were full..Either make it a lottery with a chance for everyone or at least sent the mails some days before the booking of the slot..this is really a bad decision from the person that planned it.

Would have been nice to have a signed card for everyone in the goodiebag and if someone wants to meet him they could have taken part in the registration. At least in that way, everyone gets something..
    (0)