Player
    Character
    Leowald Ridgewell
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by astarinlife View Post
    Ok so after trying to figure out how to solve this problem for I'm guessing a year, I found someone saying that they ran this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...n.aspx?id=8109 to repare directx and so far its worked for me. I played all day today with Directx 11 running on fullscreen and had no crashes. Knock on wood and write back if it actually works for you. Spread it like wildfire because answers are nowhere.
    So I went ahead and downloaded this, saved it into LocalData TEMP (default option), ran the DXInstaller.exe and then restarted my computer. I played for a couple hours, then crashed. Tried to install it over again, played, crashed. Back to DX9. Was hoping this would be the fix for me, but alas it's not. I believe it's because I'm on Windows 10, where DX installs with the updates, supposedly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merry Gentry
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SymbioteYT View Post
    Downloaded the .rar files and ran the .exe, I'm assuming that's how this install works. Will get back to you if it worked for me.
    I downloaded directx_Jun2010_redist.exe and ran that to extract then ran DXSETUP.exe from the extracted files.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leowald Ridgewell
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by astarinlife View Post
    I downloaded directx_Jun2010_redist.exe and ran that to extract then ran DXSETUP.exe from the extracted files.
    Bingo, exactly what I did. Ran "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe", let it extract into "C:\Users\Symbiote\AppData\Local\Temp", ran DXSETUP.exe, and watched it install .dll files and more for different DirectX versions. However, this didn't seem to work for me. Are you also running Windows 10?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Merry Gentry
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Bingo, exactly what I did. Ran "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe", let it extract into "C:\Users\Symbiote\AppData\Local\Temp", ran DXSETUP.exe, and watched it install .dll files and more for different DirectX versions. However, this didn't seem to work for me. Are you also running Windows 10?
    Yea I'm running Windows 10. Shoot, that sucks. I was hoping this would finally be a blanket fix for this problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leowald Ridgewell
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Bumping this thread. Still no solutions have been found, and SE has yet to speak of this recently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valenth Guiran
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Bumping this thread. Still no solutions have been found, and SE has yet to speak of this recently.
    Sad to hear nothing has worked so far. And yeah, I bet SE can't help you terribly much as it sounds like something that's "almost" unique to your system or some rather rare combo of specific components/drivers. If the general solutions we all opted didn't help, and some of them already went pretty in-depth, it could be you're having a very specific hardware problem.

Ah btw, did you try and see if physically removing one of the cards helped as I opted instead of disabeling it through software? I know it sounds stupid if you already tried disabeling SLI, but it wouldn't be the first time a system wouldn't work for me despite doing everything to *ahum* disable something through software. *Looking at you previous system that kept insisting I need admin rights for something while being admin on pc... Or you darn firewall program that kept blocking despite being entirely disabled and only uninstalling actually doing the trick* Just try it, if even for the sake of ruling out it's something stupid like this. ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Valenth; 02-08-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    "The world is such a funnier place upside down! ^_^"

Proud leader of the Word of Love Free Company: http://www.wordoflove.enjin.com/

Player
    Character
    Leowald Ridgewell
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenth View Post
    Sad to hear nothing has worked so far. And yeah, I bet SE can't help you terribly much as it sounds like something that's "almost" unique to your system or some rather rare combo of specific components/drivers. If the general solutions we all opted didn't help, and some of them already went pretty in-depth, it could be you're having a very specific hardware problem.

Ah btw, did you try and see if physically removing one of the cards helped as I opted instead of disabeling it through software? I know it sounds stupid if you already tried disabeling SLI, but it wouldn't be the first time a system wouldn't work for me despite doing everything to *ahum* disable something through software. *Looking at you previous system that kept insisting I need admin rights for something while being admin on pc... Or you darn firewall program that kept blocking despite being entirely disabled and only uninstalling actually doing the trick* Just try it, if even for the sake of ruling out it's something stupid like this. ^^
    This isn't a specific hardware problem. I play many other games than just FFXIV, and run into zero issues with them. From smaller games up to games like Witcher 3, DOOM, GTA V, Overwatch, etc. I also have big history with other MMO's, such as World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, Black Desert, and even The Division. I've had poor FPS on some of those MMO's, but that's because AMD CPU's don't sit right with that genre. :-) Something about FFXIV doesn't work right with DX11, and it looks like SE has confirmed that this is an accepted bug they're looking into (sub-thread in Technical Support.)

I've disabled SLI before with NVIDIA and also when the game once crashed me, it disabled my SLI bridge and I tried playing the game that way too. I've not physically removed the card, but there should be no difference when the second card wasn't detected by the bridge itself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valenth Guiran
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    snip
    Yes, yes, that's what I told myself also many times before when it came to certain soft- or hardware problems I had. "It should work dammit!" but then it somehow doesn't because somewhere in the uncountable amount of 0's and 1's something tiny goes wrong. Just try it. It could be that FFXIV specifically has a problem with a certain hardware combo. Just try it to exclude the possibility, no matter how tiny it is. ^^
    (1)
    "The world is such a funnier place upside down! ^_^"

Proud leader of the Word of Love Free Company: http://www.wordoflove.enjin.com/

Player
    Character
    Leowald Ridgewell
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenth View Post
    Yes, yes, that's what I told myself also many times before when it came to certain soft- or hardware problems I had. "It should work dammit!" but then it somehow doesn't because somewhere in the uncountable amount of 0's and 1's something tiny goes wrong. Just try it. It could be that FFXIV specifically has a problem with a certain hardware combo. Just try it to exclude the possibility, no matter how tiny it is. ^^
    Alright, I'll give it a go next time I play the game. I'll get back to you on this later.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3