Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I don't raid so I do dungeons.

I prefer Dark Knight. Their CD's are better and DA Abyssal drain is better than Bloodbath Overpower spam.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alyo Atlyo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Warrior, personally. I just feel like i have a more solid base to work with than Dark Knight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dracan Fontom
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Personally, I really enjoy DRK. It just feels right whenever I play it, like it's easiest for me to comprehend it's strengths and overright it's weakness. Also IMHO I believe that DRK has slightly more mitigation than a WAR but is still capable to dealing decent damage while MT or OT (Not as Much as a War of Course when OT).

WAR for me is another story. For some reason, it just doesn't click with me. It's not a bad job, I know, but it just feel right, weird ik but, I just think WAR is too squishy for my liking. But then again mine is only 52 so I don't fully know its power just yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracan_Fontom View Post
    Personally, I really enjoy DRK. It just feels right whenever I play it, like it's easiest for me to comprehend it's strengths and overright it's weakness. Also IMHO I believe that DRK has slightly more mitigation than a WAR but is still capable to dealing decent damage while MT or OT (Not as Much as a War of Course when OT).

WAR for me is another story. For some reason, it just doesn't click with me. It's not a bad job, I know, but it just feel right, weird ik but, I just think WAR is too squishy for my liking. But then again mine is only 52 so I don't fully know its power just yet.
    I used to feel this way as well, until I played all 3 at 60 in Savage/EX content.

Playing all 3 in "less that minimum iLv", "around min ILv", and "Out gear it iLv"
    I'd have to say DRK took hits like paper imo, as most bosses use frequent physical tank busters, and DRK has to rely on living dead, as if it were just another CD. (Thats when I started to feel squishy in the beginning)
    Jump on WAR, w/o any CDs at all, I noticed I was staying up in HP far easier in pug groups of the same iLv as my DRK, plus I had Inner Beast for every tank buster, much less having a few others available just as often as DRK.
    (Again, started to feel even squishier on my DRK)
    Then on Sophia EX, I remember stacking Sheltron on every tank buster, with rampart, and being at 98% max HP after a tank buster, rather than at 2% max HP, near dead, after every tank buster, like with DRK.
    (Now I officially felt like a hindrance to my group.)

The only content I havnt tried all 3 at, is A12S, which is when everyone claims DRKs Dark Mind makes it so much easier. I can take all the Tank Busters in A12S, and survive, but I have no idea how well i would have faired as PLD or WAR. (And with WAR having a constant Inner Beast available, I'd imagine they would be just fine, but PLDs long CDs may be an issue on the magic Tank Buster)

In short, the ONLY tank that doesnt feel squishy in endgame, is WAR.
    But in dungeons as WAR, I still kinda feel a bit squishy, but proper CD usage honestly fixes it nicely. (plus when you heal tanks in 60 dungeons, u can tell which are using CDs and which arent, as they will all feel squishy if they dont.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 01-21-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    All tanks are super boring in Heavensward. The only reason I even play WAR anymore is because I can't be bothered to level MNK. Hopefully the actual tanking part of tanking will be more fun in 4.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juke Fm
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    I don't raid so I do dungeons.

I prefer Dark Knight. Their CD's are better and DA Abyssal drain is better than Bloodbath Overpower spam.
    yeah overpower spam but triple decimate and overpower spam with bloodbath still beats Da Abysaal drain at 5 targets and its kinda a lost of mp at 5 if you don't need the HP on drk
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chris Von'greven
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I prefer DRK, other than the style I like all the oGCDs to press and all the decisions to make to up your game.
    On the other side I like how the WAR is brutal but it feels more like a "run" for me.

So DRK wins for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    I love Paladin despite the main draws(for me) being rare uses since utility is not used horribly often in standard content. I also enjoy Dark Knight a lot as I find it easy to grasp and simply fun to use with it's various skillsets and rotations. I really, really enjoyed Warrior in 2.0 after eventually taking it seriously and while I do enjoy 3.0 too - and how streamline it was evolving into the new skills - it has always been the one Tanking job I felt I couldn't fully grasp. I don't feel confident with it in the same way I do the other classes. I can't compare the mitigation effects of PLD and DRK to that of Warrior. I don't really know what I should do when it comes to large pulls. I don't raid so I can't comment there and while dungeon'ing would be considered rather insignificant, it's the one thing that stops me from keeping my Warrior character properly up to date on gear these days.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5