Player
    Character
    Dethmoose Kovalenko
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

Drop rates working as intended?

I'm making a new thread but it's closely related to my thread about Dungeon Gear Sets.

If this is in the wrong section, apologies beforehand.

From my experience farming The Vault for the past week, I am about 90% sure the drop rates aren't working as intended, or the drop rates aren't fair for certain classes.
    Specifically I'm farming for the Halonic Vicar's set for my NIN, but so far I've only had the Legs and Helmet drop once each, and the daggers twice. Meanwhile I've seen the MNK set "Halonic Friar's" drop the whole set at least 2 times, with the legs and feet drop the most.

I'm just requesting someone from SquareEnix to respond, if there's a problem with the drop rates, or I'm just super unlucky and if I want the set I have to queue the dungeon 10 more times? 20 times?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    The short answer is: RNG sucks and you're at the losing end. The droprates are working as intended.

If it's any comfort, it took me 55 to get my WoD scouting chestpiece. Other people have it drop all the time. That's just how RNG is and why I hate it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lia Numa
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Sadly, that's just confirmation bias. The RNG is just evil to you.

But I'm sure the Desire Sensor in Monster Hunter is real...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    oh ye right random drops, can't expect that only the gears the party jobs are made of will drop, also the other ones will do lol...RNG
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    oh god evil drop rates weeping city for Caster drops was the worst

in my experience I think the drop rate is more of a weighted random drop rates because some pieces do seem to drop more than others
    (0)
    Age of War

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I think a part of the character id might be used in determining drops, due to how often people seem to get the same drops. For example, one person is getting caster gloves "all the time" while another person gets tank pants "all the time". Character id playing a part in the drop calculations seems like a reasonable explanation for this happpening, though I have no proof of this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Try over 100 runs of Crystal Tower back in the day for the Crimson Robe of Casting (not even joking)
    It is RNG, some players seem to get everything while the rest have absolutely horrible luck, it gets depressing, lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Judy Hopps
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    It is kind of funny when leveling my alt I had the same experience mainly monk gear from vault XD. Anyway I wish that classes being played had more weight in the loot system than ones that weren't so you are more likely to get gear that is useful to you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hades Pluto
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Try over 100 runs of Crystal Tower back in the day for the Crimson Robe of Casting (not even joking)
    It is RNG, some players seem to get everything while the rest have absolutely horrible luck, it gets depressing, lol
    Lol took me 50ish times to get it lol, now it drops every time I run it, every time
    (0)