Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80

Ideas for Gold Saucer Expansion

With excitement building for both 3.5 and Stormblood, I was thinking about the potential to add to the Gold Saucer along with the coming new features as well as existing ones.

With swimming/diving coming, how about we revisit the idea of Blitzball? Even if not that, perhaps a GATE involving swimming or diving for a scavenger hunt? Or even just a large indoor pool? Perhaps even a special fishing spot for the gathering inclined?

With regards to the entertainment side of things, how about a more elaborate dueling area? I understand betting MGP on duels might provide a bevy of localization complications, but even without bets, it would make for a nice attraction, and perhaps give PvP a little more exposure as well.

As a main attraction, perhaps a Godbert Trial with a twist: There is no winning. You however begin with a grand sum of MGP, and for every hit lose some. With comical Godbert/Manderville-style takes on simple mechanics, the idea is to make it til time runs out with as much MGP as you can manage to keep. If you lose it all (not all you currently have, just what you're given for the trial), you lose.

The Gold Saucer needs some love too. It's got great potential, and I'm sure many players want to see it grow and improve in Stormblood as well!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    We already have a thread about this here.
    (0)

Player

Theres so much we could expand the GoldSaucer so heres my fancy ideas!

World of the Minions : Our love for our collected wind-up minions! The Mini-Adventures! Choose your favourite minion in 4 player parties up to 8 and why not even make MINI- raids to 24 players ! Place for go lvling your favorite minions, dungeons, radings & quests story with them.
    Face the mini-world of Eorzea into mini dungeons & mini bosses.
    Could be mini fun with mini experience for our little minions :P

Verminton extreme makeover!! I feel the Verminton were just a failure and seems not many plays it, maybe only on my server but oki to the point of my idea.
    Would be fun to have something similar as POKEMON!!! Think world of warcraft got this now??...we could get something similar and use our minions to battle each others like pvp

Lost Paintings : Be the one that restore the missing paintings from the crystal museum hall thats been stolen.
    Guest to return the paintings by travel into all the classic old worlds of final fantasy games.
    Experience again, support the final fantasy heroes in the most epic battles & face every classic moments from final fantasy games ever.
    Small epic moments of every piece is a beautiful fragremt to be a painting right?
    (1)
    Last edited by Ssmiley_Bjakkzz; 03-17-2017 at 08:20 PM.

4. 02-27-2017 05:59 PM

Player
    Character
    Usagi Bonbon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 82
    A public arena with spectator area like the central hall in the Golden Saucer might be fun and social.

A monster roulette maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmiley_Bjakkzz View Post
    Verminton extreme makeover!! I feel the Verminton were just a failure and seems not many plays it, maybe only on my server but oki to the point of my idea.
    Would be fun to have something similar as POKEMON!!! Think world of warcraft got this now??...we could get something similar and use our minions to battle each others like pvp
    NO! The devs need to never spend any resources on LoV ever again. They looked to upgrade the diadem, and look how that turned out, I wouldn't want any more dev time thrown at failed ideas.

My idea is battle square, a party or solo gauntlet that pits you against harder and harder enemies.
    (0)