Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Did they actually state that it would be called artifact gear, or did someone just make the assumption on the name?
    in the pdfs some of the gear has the tentative name of "af" in the names
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    They used the term 'AF Gear' before since it's a familiar term to many to give people an idea of what type of armor to expect in a way, but it wasn't stated to be finalized as "Artifact Armor".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    there might be those put off by the fact that the image can be altered by being able to dye them multiple colors.
    Note to the devs: The number of people who might be put off by the fact that the image cannot be altered via dye is probably larger. Please rethink this.
    (4)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    Note to the devs: The number of people who might be put off by the fact that the image cannot be altered via dye is probably larger. Please rethink this.
    A common saying around these forums is that you can't ignore the minority as well. Besides it's truly not that big of deal if you can't dye these armors, you can dye hundreds of others still and continue to be able to do so in the future.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPrincess View Post
    in the pdfs some of the gear has the tentative name of "af" in the names
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennestia View Post
    They used the term 'AF Gear' before since it's a familiar term to many to give people an idea of what type of armor to expect in a way, but it wasn't stated to be finalized as "Artifact Armor".
    LoL great, more assumptions. Not that I have any evidence that it won't be tittled that, but it is kind of ironic that the question was answered by a few who were in other heated debates of assumption.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    A common saying around these forums is that you can't ignore the minority as well.
    I wouldn't say that allowing AF armor to be dyed is ignoring the minority. If they don't want to dye their AF armor, that's fine. But don't let them dictate to the rest of us what we can and can't do to our armor just because it offends their sensibilities.

Besides it's truly not that big of deal if you can't dye these armors
    By the same token, you can argue that it's truly not that big of a deal to be able to dye AF armor, and that therefore the devs' decision to restrict dyeing is frivolous.

More customization = good.

If AF is the best thing you can use, the everyone will use it. And if you can't dye it, then everyone doing end-game content will look the same.
    (1)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    LoL great, more assumptions. Not that I have any evidence that it won't be tittled that, but it is kind of ironic that the question was answered by a few who were in other heated debates of assumption.
    Does it really matter? People want to call it something till there is a confirmed name for armor sets. And since the majority of people are once or current FFXI players, it makes sense to call it that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    As much as I would like the gear to be customizable I'm fine with keeping it iconic classic colors because it adds some sorely-needed series familiarity. Customizing the Job gear colors was never ever mentioned by the devs either so I don't think anyone really expected it. I'm willing to bet many people are in the "it would be nice if this happened but I don't mind if it doesn't" camp.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    You could have just said that you don't have time to do it instead of giving an excuse. There are multicolored AF in the data files.

Plus, the topic is customization. Not different tiers. Different tiers should be built upon in how they are structured and not just a recolor. That's just laziness.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    Does it really matter? People want to call it something till there is a confirmed name for armor sets. And since the majority of people are once or current FFXI players, it makes sense to call it that.
    You have proof that "a majority" of the player base played FFXI ? Thats partially my point.

Sooooooo, yeah it matters in my opinion. Way too many posters already make assumption on these boards, then pass it off as information and create waves of misinformation. Much like I would believe your claim of knowing that "a majority" of the player base came from FFXI is assumption, and quit possibly false assumption at that.

Therefore I asked, because I would much rather be ignorant to the facts then to stupidly believe alot of information thats false.
    (0)
    Last edited by Coglin; 12-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast