Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54

Unable to DL Patch files to PS4 and PS4 Pro NOT resolved. Please look into it better

I just bought my PS4 Pro on Monday (12/26/2016) I am also having this same issue with the patch not loading today 12/29/2016. I purchased a licence for it since I thought it might be fun to play around on the console. I primarily play on PC.

Clearly the issue is not resolved.

Having the customer Go in and manually change their primary and secondary DNS at the recommendation of other customers and not at the direction of the Technical support department is NOT a resolution to the issue. This is NOT Square Enix Fixing anything or Resolving anything. This is not even doing anymore than clicking transfer thread to resolve and going out to have a beer later.

It is a failure of the Technical support department by marking the issue as resolved without statement of the technical department or without providing directions on how this may be done on the platform in question.

At best this is a shaky workaround that may or may not resolve a customer's issue.

For those curious this is how you change it to the google DNS on a PS4, for those wanting to try it out since Square Enix Technical support is clearly not interested in resolving this issue.

Go to "Settings".
    Go to "Network".
    Go to "Set Up Internet Connection"
    Select Wifi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
    Select "Custom".
    IP Address Settings = Automatic
    DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify
    DNS Settings = Manual
    Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4
    MTU Settings: Automatic
    Proxy Server: Do Not Use

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...5008-20495-ps4 (Currently filed as Resolved)
    (0)
    Last edited by Causality; 12-30-2016 at 06:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Benbrada Grimm
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 45
    Yeah my PS4 has 4 games on it. I downloaded FFXIV last night and keep running into this. I tried most solutions. My home router has it's DNS configured for Google for years, I'm on Comcast/Xfinity.

Ironically, I have a PC on this same home network with FFXIV and never had this issue.

I die at 808 mb on the 5/26/2015 patch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Benbrada Grimm
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Benbrada View Post
    Yeah my PS4 has 4 games on it. I downloaded FFXIV last night and keep running into this. I tried most solutions. My home router has it's DNS configured for Google for years, I'm on Comcast/Xfinity.

Ironically, I have a PC on this same home network with FFXIV and never had this issue.

Temporarily using the "Level 3 DNS" mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...5008-20495-ps4

Got me passed my stall. I changed it to that, it failed once in a different spot, restarted and now we're up to 2016.09.10.0000.0000 patch.

Still not sure why my PC on the same network never had an issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Benbrada View Post

That's the same point mine was failing. Switching DNS allowed it to work and fully patch. SE needs to come up with a real solution along side Sony. Its an issue with the way their servers handle the data.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ridick Weatherbe
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I have a fix for this that has been tested on PS4 and PC. Set your MTU to 1360. You will download all of your patches with no problem. Afterwards, just change back to your normal MTU of 1500.
    (0)
    Member of the NGGC (National Goblin Genocide Committee)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I will point you to another thread in which i finally got it resolved at my end. I had to use a VPN
    I have been in your same exact position twice now (on PS4 and then PS4 Pro) so know how it feels. Support just give everyone the same generic answers and as you have pointed out there is a thread of this problem in the resolved section. Just goes to show they do no care to deal with it.
    Changing the MTU settings may help as well along with port forwarding.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...2820495%29-PS4
    (0)
    Last edited by Maero; 01-03-2017 at 10:25 PM.

7. 01-06-2017 06:51 AM

Player
    Character
    Sigmund Fynal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 23

Fix

It took me a lot of looking around and messing with things I shouldn't have to, but I have resolved this ridiculous issue (at least for me since fixes do not seem to be universal). Here is what did it for me, hope it helps!

Opened all suggested ports on router, manually input MTU setting to 1360 (no idea what this is or does, change it back to 1500 after is what I was told), and set my DNS settings to google (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) initially and once that stopped working changed it to OpenDNS which can be found on this list, among others, https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-pu...ervers-2626062.

Best of luck getting to play the game you paid for with no help from the support of the company
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    MTU has to deal with packets of data, so lower then 1500 means more chunks of data and in turn could help over having to deal with 1 large chunk of data,.
    Grats on your fix, we as players must find the solutions to the problems
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Berti Dalva
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 58

Still happening

I got FFXIV yesterday and it downloaded the game just fine but in the middle of patching I got the Unable to download patch files [20512][25008][20525] Error. It's not my ISP since the patch works fine on PC. It has something to do with PS4/browser on it.

The patches prior to 05/26/2015 downloaded fine but now I seem to be stuck at the 05/26 one. I uninstalled and it's currently re-downloading the game. I will try to re-patch it once I get home but I wish Square Enix would update it through SONY since I have had zero trouble downloading any other patches to PS3/PS4 games.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neala Vespera
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I have tried all of these steps and still can't get it to download. I used my phone as a mobile Hotspot which did work, but now I'm out of data. This is ridiculous and should not still be an issue.
    (0)

12. 01-26-2017 12:37 PM