Player
    Character
    Madrone Damodred
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Red Mage thread

Since there isn't one yet here in DPS jobs forum....

So RDM was confirmed as a dps. It will chain cast spells and lunge into melee range for sword strikes and flip back to range. Seems like positionals will be based on range not back/flank. Video was shown including some combat, bstance, and victorypose emotes. The hype is quite simply {Impossible to Guage}.

https://streamable.com/25l4x

This isn't a whole lot to go on. Support functions? Spell elements? Cross role options? Degree of healing kit? Main stat? New left side armor set? Chainspell stacks powering melee skills? Which resource does it manage, tp, mp, both? Limit break type?

Discuss.

I hope it will have refresh (like Goad), a damage vulnerability debuff (Dia maybe), piercing resistance debuff, damage shielding cooldowns (Phalanxes), and maybe a single target or self Haste cooldown. Bravery/Faith/Aura are possible, but if its utility is soooo good, it'll be unfair/OP. So personal buffs should probably be more prevalent than party member or party wide buffs. I hope it will have access to a basic healing cross role kit like PLD has now (and enough MND for Cure to be better than caster's Physick, but still too weak for significant healing), combat raise, in addition to some dps and caster options.

I think it may have attack spells from 4 or more of the 6 main elements. Main stat will be INT. The way it moves in to melee and back out could potentially Cleric Stance its INT to STR, but it'd be fine if it was all INT like NIN is all DEX. I think it should use caster accessories and have its own left side sets (higher physical defense than caster/healer, higher mdef than melee/ranged). I'd prefer melee LB and competing for a melee slot in raids, but utility and playstyle may have it more like a caster/caster LB/caster spot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Madrone; 12-25-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yeah, there's already multiple threads on it LOL.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mortis Deus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrone View Post
    Since there isn't one yet here in DPS jobs forum....

So RDM was confirmed as a dps. It will chain cast spells and lunge into melee range for sword strikes and flip back to range. Seems like positionals will be based on range not back/flank. Video was shown including some combat, bstance, and victorypose emotes. The hype is quite simply {Impossible to Guage}.

https://streamable.com/25l4x

This isn't a whole lot to go on. Support functions? Spell elements? Cross role options? Degree of healing kit? Main stat? New left side armor set?

Discuss.
    First time watching that video, so epic, much wow.

I believe redmage is gonna be so much fun to play cause they are going for the route of:red mage is good at many different things so we are going to make a class that has a playstyle of being a master of combining those things.Honestly the aesthetic appeal of the playstyle and how its versatile in how it moves and how they made the class essentially a ranged magic/melee hybrid with quick positioning is an outstanding original solution to the dilemma of what red mage should be according to others. Everyone wants to focus on certain individual aspects such as black magic or white magic or fencing, but really the solution was to combine these three elements into a unique style unto itself...Red Magic. The hype is real for me.
    (3)
    Last edited by Deliciou5; 12-25-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sephaistos Eum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    This isn't a whole lot to go on. Support functions? Spell elements? Cross role options? Degree of healing kit? Main stat? New left side armor set?
    Discuss.
    To me it seemed the first spell casted (did not do dmg) was the Chainspell-buff. Also seemed Dia was there, but cant really make up for the remaining spells. Would make sense if the other spell casted was Bio but thats already taken...
    Edit: Oh it also came to me that the finisher seems to be similar to Flare Star.
    Theory: Assuming Alisaie is RDM-Teacher, she had stuff to do in Coils, Bahamut Prime using Flare Star.

Also I would say the Weapon is a set, similar to Mnk weapons. As it would seems rather stupid-looking if that Choco-Medium would be slapped on something else. Also no Cross Class actions as they are doing the Role-skills instead.
    Nevertheless, New main AMG!
    (0)
    Last edited by zandervont; 12-25-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Player
    The Cold Lands of Canada - U'l Dah (could'nt play SMN at lauch, so picked BLM))
    Character
    Korbash Soucolline
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Never played one or saw Red Mage anywhere, but it makes me think a bit of Erza Scarlet in the manga/anime Fairy Tail who is a mage who can summon and use swords as attacks.
    (0)

English is NOT my mother language, French is. Use my recruitment code MV9YGNXD before paying your sub and get cool items. http://sqex.to/Cz9

6. 12-25-2016 04:33 AM

Player
    Character
    Madrone Damodred
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    .... Also no Cross Class actions as they are doing the Role-skills instead.
    Nevertheless, New main AMG!
    We don't know enough about the cross class/role system changes yet. But if there were splits between ranged, melee, tank, healer, and caster with maybe a bit of blending specific to certain jobs.... would RDM wind up with more options than most?

Ex, I'd expect pld to pick tank role skills but also to have access to the basic white magic healer kit like it does now for stoneskin, raise, cure, protect. Would rdm have access to this same kit, plus melee dps skills, plus some caster skills?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Extremely excited for RDM, but fully expecting that everyone will kill themselves horribly by leaping into lethal cleaves and splats. Like DRG, but much, much worse (at least DRG primarily stays at one range, while RDM seems to move in and out).

Going to be entertaining
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sephaistos Eum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    We don't know enough about the cross class/role system changes yet. But if there were splits between ranged, melee, tank, healer, and caster with maybe a bit of blending specific to certain jobs.... would RDM wind up with more options than most?
    What i'm thinking myself is similar to Pvp-actions. Each role (Tank, Melee, Caster, Range-phys, Healer) has a set of skills from which they can select an X number.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/12/23/st...thing-we-know/
    -Skill system overhaul
    -class skills to be regrouped and shared by roles instead of job

This would mean for example, taking Provoke from GLD out totally and adding it to the Role-skills so any tank can still pick it up without having to lvl GLD. This would also mean that Swiftcast for Healers is out (as no Crossclass), but they can also just add it to the Role-skills or whatever.
    (1)

10. 12-25-2016 11:07 AM

Player
    Character
    Noctis Shiva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post
    Extremely excited for RDM, but fully expecting that everyone will kill themselves horribly by leaping into lethal cleaves and splats. Like DRG, but much, much worse (at least DRG primarily stays at one range, while RDM seems to move in and out).

Going to be entertaining
    it'll be the lolgoon of 4.0 already read people calling him lolmage or Re(tar)dmage for that subject
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rawon Special
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Get ready for 2 redmage in party for a while in 4.0 later lol

I think "chain magic" is just the stylish word yoshi invented, probably no different than your standard 1-2-3 combo from melee class

The live letter also said high speed positioning, so i think its pretty much the stylish version of monk class, some skill require you to be in rear and flank but this time also being in range.

The video pretty much said it, you see the RDM attck with magic skill (chain start), then instantly charge to the enemy doing multiple thrust (chain 2) then another skill that cause him to attack and do stylish backflip and finish it with something like a "flare" 2.0 (chain 3, the "flare" attack itself could be chain 4)
    (0)
    Last edited by gumas; 12-25-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast