Player
    Character
    O-o O-o
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1

Stop New Player Party Invites! Gil Sellers

Why is this issue persisting and not addressed? There have been plenty of posts regarding this new method of RMT advertising where they are sending party invites in lieu of private messages.

This needs to be addressed.

For the most part it is just annoying, but today I have been affected negatively by this system abuse when I was pulled out of my queue because I accidentally accepted the party invite. While crafting, I was mid-rotation, when the invite was sent and wasn't paying full attention.

Make it so only players who hold an active subscription may send out party invites. If you're new player and using a free trial, you need to be invited to a party. It's not a mechanic legitimate new players are even concerned with, nor probably know how to use correctly regardless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevronone View Post
    It's not a mechanic legitimate new players are even concerned with, nor probably know how to use correctly regardless.
    "Hey want to try out this game with me?"
    "Sure!"
    "Ok and I'll just invite you to a party here and we can go adventuring together...."
    "What do you mean I can't invite someone to a party?"

Assuming newer players don't know what a party is or how to use it is silly. I agree that the issue needs to be dealt with, but you don't do that by placing unnecessary restrictions on new players.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    O-o O-o
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    I must have had my angry tunnel vision glasses on, didn't really think my solution through.

Perhaps an option to decline party invites until you turn it off, some what like a busy status.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Talya Stormbreaker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I must have had my angry tunnel vision glasses on, didn't really think my solution through.

Perhaps an option to decline party invites until you turn it off, some what like a busy status.
    Busy status auto-declines party invites though? As well as tells.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

That's not bad, though my ideal solution would simply prevent these RMT characters from existing in the first place. They get shot down pretty quickly (most of the time) but they can still cause annoyance while they exist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    O-o O-o
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bounddreamer View Post
    Busy status auto-declines party invites though? As well as tells.

Ya, but I still want to be able to /tell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Diderot Silparubeau
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    And then two friends starting the game together, get atuck staring at each other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Whenever one method is closed, the gil sellers find other methods of being nuisance. However each and every new restriction, most often to the social functions of the game, gives worse impression and experience to those genuinely interested about the game. While we all agree that gil sellers are a nuisance, I call some responsibility to the existing players as well. To actually read through the dialogs before they agree them.

However, the accepting party invite canceling existing queue status is something that happens at times even in otherway legitimate party invites. I suggest an additional confirmation dialog if your party invite accept would cancel your queue.

"Accepting the party invite will remove you from the queue for duty. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

Possibly even with the new hold yes button. I know some people would click through that too but at least it breaks the normal cycle of click accept and maybe wake up some enough since it's supposed to be rarish occurrence.
    (2)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The quickest way to kill off rmt is to not buy gil giving them business.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Bacon Aurora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    The quickest way to kill off rmt is to not buy gil giving them business.
    This should be basic knowledge, but its sad to see how many people use their services throughout multiple games.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast