Player
    Character
    Zara Diaspora
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennies View Post
    If I'm the sole DPS in a PotD run with 3 Healers, if you don't use Cleric Stance, I'm not going to attack anything.
    It is equally annoying as a healer to run PotD with other healers that refuse to do anything..then again this could all be brought up and over to the general forums because I'm noticing not just healers but lots of people doing things to ruin the runs.

I'll get DPS / Tanks and healers who will stop at the teleporter and just sit there, while everyone else runs to see what is in other rooms and unlock chests.

The healer one is annoying because you want to establish who is going to be the primary healer in case things hit the fan, then I know who is supposed to be keeping the others alive while the other is doing the damage to lessen the mobs and get us out of the dirty situation, but no one responds or cares. Or sometimes they won't heal at all, and I have to toggle for some people depending on the situation while they just stand there. I don't mind it in the sense that it's my job to stance dance but when you're the other healer, standing there watching things go down and doing nothing or if anything a small heal once or twice, it's annoying.
    (2)
    Last edited by Leigaon; 12-29-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Player

I've actually found sometimes healers dps-ing is a necessity to even complete the floors. Last night I had a 6k HP MRD (yes, MRD) and 7k HP NIN on floors 61-70. Both myself as a WHM and the AST had around 9k HP. No aggro was held, multiple NIN and MRD deaths, many uses of witching pomanders (thank god for those) - we finally completed it, but both the AST and I were the top of the dps charts. I think the minimum requirement for aetherial level needs to be higher for 51+ and also job stones absolutely required...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyha View Post
    But I'm a healer, not a DPS. I HEAL!!!!!11!!1!1

Also what is Cleric Stance.
    People can play how they want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tee Hee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennies View Post
    I've had two Bards refuse to use Foe Requiem for me because they thought my damage scaled off Piety. Really.
    I'm actually not sure about using Foe in Potd floors (except boss room) - bard can aggro whole room by accident if his placement is wrong, or aggro some roaming mob nearby. I don't think that the risk is worth it - pack dies in like 5 seconds anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    I'm sure that all of the BLMs who camp in Umbral Stance, the never-singing BRDs, and the Always-Sic SMNs, among others, are pleased to hear this.

Healing-only healers and their apologists: still trying to make it sound okay to play lazily and expect that everyone else will feel like pressing buttons.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Carmine Altair
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Sure. But that doesn't mean you aren't annoying people and making thinngs more difficult than they need to be. And people are going to call you on playing inefficiently and bringing the team down. "I play how I want" isn't a defense in this situation as this is a team game.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Estellise Valesti
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    ICE MAGE MASTER RACE.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Blonde Renwynd
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 68
    I do find the "Healer should still DPS" argument to be slightly selfish in a way.

Should they contribute? Absolutely, I do not dispute that one bit.

However, the first priority, and truthfully the ONLY priority of a healer is to HEAL. Anything beyond that is extra support, which most that I've seen tend to do anyway. It is especially irksome when someone in your party TELLS me to DPS (I always do just FYI). Like, no--my job is to HEAL you and keep you healthy/buffed/etc. That's the fastest way to make a Healer laugh at your eventual demise.

I've let many a DPS RIP because they wanted me to do their assigned job. Bye Felicia.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shirayuki Kova
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde_Huntress View Post
    I do find the "Healer should still DPS" argument to be slightly selfish in a way.

lol, not when theres 3 healers. Between surely 2 of you the healing requirement is sufficient. And especially LOL for reveling in mediocrity. And if you think that withholding healing is the way to project your power, let me introduce you to my vote-kick button, it gets results fast. Don't even attempt to pull your prima-donna "healers are in need" attitude because theres more of you than you think.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde_Huntress View Post

However, the first priority, and truthfully the ONLY priority of a healer is to HEAL. Anything beyond that is extra support, which most that I've seen tend to do anyway. It is especially irksome when someone in your party TELLS me to DPS (I always do just FYI). Like, no--my job is to HEAL you and keep you healthy/buffed/etc. That's the fastest way to make a Healer laugh at your eventual demise.

I've let many a DPS RIP because they wanted me to do their assigned job. Bye Felicia.
    This fiction that DPS is really only the job of the dedicated DPS Role really ought to stop; it helps no one, and at worst it attempts to justify "personal playstyle choices" that may make one player happy at the expense of their entire party.

Besides, this is ridiculous if you break it down. I know that you said that you DPS as needed, but consider the logical conclusion of this line of reasoning:

Healer: *watches party play the game*
    Tank: "I'm doing fine here, feel free to help push things along."
    Healer: "My job is to keep you healthy/buffed/etc."
    DPS: "The whole party looks pretty healthy.... Wait -- are you just waiting for us to mess up so that you have something to do?"
    Healer: "...yes."
    (6)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast