Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Keisero Starborn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Cleric Stance, Protect and Swiftcast are the only mandatory cross class skills, so I can't fathom why a Scholar wouldn't have at least the first two (which are required to even be able to become a Scholar). Astro, sure, maybe they don't know. But this was a party of three White Mages that did absolutely nothing to contribute.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kabz Il
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennies View Post
    Cleric Stance, Protect and Swiftcast are the only mandatory cross class skills, so I can't fathom why a Scholar wouldn't have at least the first two
    A little off topic, but coming across a SCH without Protect wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary. In raid scenarios, a SCH may want to prioritise Blizzard II > Protect (providing co-healer has it) depending on the fight. And we might not always remember to switch out abilities back and forth all the time. :'D
    (0)

3. 12-25-2016 09:53 AM

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DE-Roxas View Post
    Make Bards use their Ballad..
    I would amend this to "make them turn off their damned Ballad." I pretty much never want to see Ballad played outside of emergencies that involve healers being rezzed.
    (3)

Character
    Keisero Starborn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I've had two Bards refuse to use Foe Requiem for me because they thought my damage scaled off Piety. Really.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mooni Mooni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I've had two Bards refuse to use Foe Requiem for me because they thought my damage scaled off Piety. Really.
    Huh? xD

Oh man.. I've only done PotD with randoms twice maybe?

Seeing how each group works differently made me change my mind and always do it with fixed party of friends.
    Some want to speed run, others want to kill ever single mob.
    (0)

"You'll never be ready for what you have to do, you just do it and that makes you ready."

Player
    Character
    Malora Lyra
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    There's one issue I can see & that's people who are on ACN/SCH or AST & either haven't levelled CNJ or don't have Cleric Stance cross classed. It's unforgivable in my opinion but then again I'm a DPS SCH so healing is my secondary function. It's one if the perils of being able to reach lvl60 in PoTD with a class you know nothing about & might never have even used outside it.

In PoTD my fairy does the healing except when someone doesn't pay attention & gets into the danger zone, then I step in. XD
    If they don't have conj or are trying a class I understand not having cleric but if you can't at least through out dots to show you are trying to help or if you are spamming cure(or the ast/sch versions of the spells) there really is no excuse.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MaloraYuki View Post
    If they don't have conj or are trying a class I understand not having cleric but if you can't at least through out dots to show you are trying to help or if you are spamming cure(or the ast/sch versions of the spells) there really is no excuse.
    I agree but I've seen SMN that only use Ifrit (in Sic, naturally) because they don't even *know* that others are available. PoTD is literally the dregs of the FFXIV world at times because of the way it is possible to have levelled all your classes to 60 but have only done the initial lvl0-30 job quests to get the job stone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DE-Roxas View Post
    Make Bards use their Ballad.
    Foe's not ballad unless its an emergency, and if you are a healer that is running out of mp due to dpsing, learn proper mp management
    (1)

10. 12-27-2016 06:56 AM

Character
    Clefto Bismal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Wtf? Even if it did it's magic damage.

*Puts on: "Hello my name is Captain Obvious" Sticker.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    If I'm the sole DPS in a PotD run with 3 Healers, if you don't use Cleric Stance, I'm not going to attack anything.
    Ahaha, no. No.

(3)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast