Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85

Story Content - Please stop the hand holding.

Hello all. I'm going to talk a little bit about my thoughts regarding FFXIV's current story content structure. There may be a few spoilers regarding some game play but I will do my best to avoid story spoilers. In my opinion the story content is ridiculously easy, and the game literally holds your hand way to much.

Examples:

Ifrit Primal Fight - It's a level 25 fight. This is a primal. A PRIMAL. No one mortal should be able to best a primal at half their classes level. They shouldn't even be able to best a primal at level 50 on their own. Obviously for story reasons Ifrit gets beefed up for the hard fight but SE made him look like a joke the first go around. You don't need to think to win this fight.

R38 Main Scenario Ul'dah Quest - It has Parley alternatives to fighting NPCs. It's level 1 difficulty. The NPC was purposely picking the lowest tile numbers possible. I was always at the top of the meter every single turn. I'm not a moron and I don't appreciate being treated like one.

R42 Main Scenario Ul'dah Quest - Oh Sweet! 126k Gil and 39k Exp for being teleported half way across the map and killing two extremely easy monsters. Man I deserve a statue for all that effort I put in.

Being teleported everywhere - Missions are instanced but in a lot of cases i'm tele'd to some random place because apparently I don't have two feet or a chocobo that I can use to get there. I can't walk in or out of Ifrit's den with the beastmen (or the hard fight for that matter). I get teleported out to an area that has no gateway to him what-so ever.

Yoshi-P recently stated that for the Garuda primal battle they wanted it to be on top of a mountain of sorts. Let me guess, that will require a less than 20 second walk up some steps to a gateway that will tele me to some random battlefield that has no connection at all? Also is the story mission going to be level 30 while we get a beefed up version for a sidequest?

I'm sorry Yoshi-P and team. I know a lot of these are from the previous teams management but from here on we need harder story content. Final Fantasy is a story driven series with big party oriented battles that we need to over come. I don't want to have my ass pampered while I sit in a fight and be spoon fed a bunch of crap.

Please make story content harder and longer for 2.0 at least. Also make it an actual progressing storyline rather than individual side stories that have small plot similarities. I don't feel like i'm saving the world here. It's hard to find enjoyment in something that is so flawed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 11-24-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryligh Kell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    for the ifrit quest, you HAVE to have at least 3 others with you, and you dont best it you just weaken it.

and as for level 25 ifrits power, not sure what triggers it but he can 1 shot your whole party, even level 50s
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic13371337 View Post
    for the ifrit quest, you HAVE to have at least 3 others with you, and you dont best it you just weaken it.

and as for level 25 ifrits power, not sure what triggers it but he can 1 shot your whole party, even level 50s
    That's true. It does require 3 others but it's entirely unnecessary. You can kill him before he even blinks. Not kill exactly because he doesn't die but K.O. him.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    To top it off, the main scenario quests don't really progress in a normal story fashion. It seems more like individual side stories rather than an overall plot. They jump from one plot element to another and completely disregard the other story quests undertaken. As if the NPC just magically disappeared and never existed.
    (0)

Player
    They're redoing the story missions? derp
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPrincess View Post
    They're redoing the story missions? derp
    I don't believe they are. They said they would be reworking them to fit in with the new maps. Not a complete overhaul of the existing quest structure.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 11-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Uhh no they aren't. They said they would be reworking them to fit in with the new maps. Not a complete overhaul of the existing quest. So yeah, derp.
    did you miss the interview where Yoshida basically said "I am officially retracting the statement of All classes being able to solo the main story content"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPrincess View Post
    did you miss the interview where Yoshida basically said "I am officially retracting the statement of All classes being able to solo the main story content"
    I'll have to search around for that. I caught a good majority of them but the only thing I came across was a reply where he stated that they would be reworking them for 2.0 to fit in with the new landscapes. Good news non-the less.

If you happen to have the link for that I would appreciate it.
    (0)