Player
    Character
    Gwen Magefist
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

FFXIV relic quest

I've been an avid supporter for SE games for a while now... But specifically on FFXI and FFXIV. I've for the most part stuck with the games initial disaster... and watched with pride during its resurrection into 2.0. However as we're approaching 3.4/3.5... I feel like the game is lacking something. Asides from the amazing job they did with the storyline's (be it main or the sub quests) i do feel like the game is stagnant... The raid's storyline isn't compelling to read or listen to... The end game content while extant... is limited... (4 fights for end game sounds enticing unless you get a group that can't clear a certain part and you're just fighting the same parts over and over again). While the difficulty in itself is nice...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gwen Magefist
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    what'd be nicer is different options for end game. For example: Our current relic grind system is atrocious. I understand that hard work needs to be put in for good end game gear... but patch after patch of just grinding old content is just.... well... boring. Instead take a page off of WoW's artifact (our version of relic and they drew that inspiration from FFXIV) progression in legion. They have relevant incremental stat boost that doesn't require completion of the relic to appreciate. They also have tied the progression of their artifact to relevant in game content like world quests (something similar to our fate system but more involved).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gwen Magefist
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    That is just one talking point and i'm sure the DEV's are far more experienced in creating new exciting content than I, but these are just directions that I would love to see SE go in (instead of the y'know... run expert dungeons... run the chemical plant for 150 lore... do it again until your eye bleeds.) Cuz at this point I've killed labahara so many times... its feeling like a horrid akira toriyama's version of dragon ball. All in all i'm an avid fan of FFXIV... I'd love to see it propelled to new heights... Just tossing in my opinion into the mixing bowl in hopes of seeing some change in the new expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    you can bypass the 1000 character limit by posting 10 chars and than editing your post and copy in your whole text.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I agree with you that relic has become a big monotony in it's core but the answer is just this is it. I for one, loved the very first stage of the zenith weapon where i had to fight hard primals to get it meaning i had to grind them but i was improving my skills as well.
    I believe the relic began its path in the atma stage where many people realised the goal behind it (and still there was no actual upgrade in the weapon) and even though you could do it in maybe 7-10 days with casual playing, there was an animus afterwards to ruin your motivation. I can't refer to the later stages as i did them only recently in the mega-nerfed mode for the glamour.
    Overall i think of the relic as a an option for a weapon and nothing more. I chose not to do it at all at HW and if its the same at SB i still won't do it not because of the grind in all of its forms but because i simply don't have the time for it. Sorry but instead of farming 20k lores for the ??? stage i prefer waiting 7 weeks in my cozy couch for a shire weapon but this is just me.
    I would certainly welcome a change in the relic system but as long as it does not satisfy me i would still refrain from doing it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well we could honestly say we have never had anything like that of coil.
    I hope future content we will see something as good as it was

Relic quests to be honest has always been a pain, atma still being the worst by far (when first introduced)
    It does sound like Relic of Stormblood they are trying something different, though it comes off sounding like hunts
    (0)
    Last edited by Maero; 12-23-2016 at 04:02 AM.