Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

Snow weather blocking sightseeing log entries in the city.

Time: 12/17/2016 Around 9:30 pst
    Frequency: Always
    World name: Sargatanas
    Character name: Fox Briarthorn
    Retainer name: N/A
    NPC name: N/A
    Monster name: N/A
    Class/Level: BLM/60
    Party or solo: solo
    In-game time: 8:13 am
    Area and coordinates: Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (9.5, 7.8)
    Housing: N/A

Steps:
    1. Go to one of the sightseeing log entries in any of the major cities at the appropriate time (entry 1 in this case).
    2. Do the appropriate emote after making sure you're in the vista area and your character will be targeted but you will not receive credit as the weather is stuck as "snowing" for the event period.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I believe that this is a known situation that has been mentioned every Christmas. I think the resolution was to wait it out. I know they made some changes to fish that required special weather but they didn't change the sightseeing log.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    I believe that this is a known situation that has been mentioned every Christmas. I think the resolution was to wait it out. I know they made some changes to fish that required special weather but they didn't change the sightseeing log.
    I've been ignoring the sightseeing log until now, I guess this is my temporary punishment. I still see it as a bug though. A holiday event should not prevent the completion (and advancement) of another part of the game. I would suggest that event specific forced weather count as a wildcard so as not to disrupt progression of anything tied to it.
    (0)