Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Robas Kebas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I don't see the problem. The father was getting something to cure his son and this specific herb took years to find and he left a gift showing that he cares. Seems pretty fine to me. If I was the father I wouldn't miss this opportunity to cure my son.
    (6)
    Last edited by Remus; 12-17-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Eorzea isn't a pleasant place. Not everything works out perfectly - nor should it if we want the setting to remain in-depth and intriguing. The Warrior of Light is powerful, yes - but he cannot solve every single problem that he comes across and neither does he have the time to rush off abroad to help a lone child recover from an illness. He did his part to lift the kid's spirits - which is more than enough. I'm baffled by the talk of the quest sending the wrong message. Fictional settings, characters and situations do not need to be 'safe spacey' and be dictated by feel good stuff at every turn. That aside I think you're just expecting way too much from what is a temporary throwaway quest chain for a seasonal event. We didn't even get a full set of glamour gear this time around.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jibikly Pureheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I really appreciate all your comments. Im not here to "win" a thread. Really want to know what your opinions are. Thanks for them. If anything it is feedback that SE can have in terms of story plots for future events. Thks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I was actually really cynical at this part. I thought he was bullsh*tting us and going to abandon his boy. I mean, he's Ul'dahn AND a merchant. It's not out of the realm of possibility that his boy was holding him back and didn't want to care for him. There's that dad in the Gold Saucer who makes his boy work the silver mines to repay HIS debt.

Happily I was wrong and he really is trying to find the herb and not abandoning his son.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Salty Caramel
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 84
    I thought the same but figured the trip is a long one so it isn't feasible to send 2 people for no reason.
    (0)
    Tip: System > Character Config > Item Settings > Inventory/Retainer Interface > Expanded (now check ur inventory)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/
    FFXIV fan forums

Player
    Character
    Schan Starfall
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Also it seems to be implied that in Eorzea news travel mostly in the form of word of mouth. I would assume people would not quite know about the primal threat other than the leaders (the whole "lets not create panic" situation) and if they know of your exploits it should be more along of the lines of "there is this person who is really strong", but no one really knows what you look like. Also it's part of the WoL's humility thing to not go shouting at the 7 winds that he is the WoL. You should be aware that it's exactly because of this word-of-mouth thing that a guy pretends to be part of a certain famous group when he fact he isn't.

Explaining the sitution to the child made him realize that he is sacrificing one starlight celebration to possibly have many more together, where he is no longer ill and can enjoy it properly without having his father worry about it (children do hate when their illness make their parents worry all the time. They feel like a burden because of that).
    (1)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This was probably the most realistic thing they ever wrote. We can't solve every problem (people already wrote off the WOL as being an invincible boring hero because they never lose), but how we deal with it is the bigger picture.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    J'talhdi Belhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Realistically this wasn't a problem with a magic fix. He wasn't just getting the herb. He was securing a reliable source. Are we, the WoL, going to go on a sea voyage that takes a couple of months repeatedly to secure one herb? Or are we supposed to be acting as the Merchant's buyer, something the WoL isn't really experienced in.

It wasn't the gift that made the difference to the boy. It was the knowledge that his dad was making this trip for him. He felt abandoned before and the knowledge of why his father was making the trip reassured him that his father cared for him.

The WoL for all their power cant save everyone themselves. However they can inspire and enable. That is what we do in the Dragonsong war. We create the opportunity for peace but it is the will of the dragon and the people of Ishgard themselves and their efforts that are what truly end the war. The WoL might fight gods but they aren't a god themselves.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jib View Post
    I just feel this quest chain should have been done differently.. and for me does not represent what "Christmas" is about.

It's not Christmas. It's the Starlight Celebration. It's a different holiday.
    (2)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Ren'li Heise
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    The WoL can not go to Radz-at-Han, where the herbs are supposed to be, we don't even know what it takes to get there, like permissions, resources... And even if we could go pick these herbs, the father can't traverse the lifestream to go back to Ul'dah like we do, so what is he supposed to do? Give up on the herbs just to see his son 2 days late after the starlight?

It may not be the perfect happy ending, but it's realistic and logical.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast