Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Becken View Post
    I'm refering to more to the Starlight Celebration, All Saints’ Wake, Moonfire Faire seasonal types of events that they had sold those durring these said events.
    Now like the lightening event and like that are one time events i can understand. but the others are like seasonal events items should be sold in game durring seasonal events
    Every seasonal event is like a one time event, because they are different each year
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Emstidor Diabolos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 71
    I disagree, I think making the items available every year takes away some of their uniqueness and makes it easier for SE to half-ass events because "they'll have several years' worth of items in the NPCs anyway, just give them an earring or something."

If you missed out on an event that sucks, but to then turn around to the people that DID participate and say "no, I should be able to get it too" frankly comes across as a little entitled.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rai Dolabnha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Emstidor View Post
    I disagree, I think making the items available every year takes away some of their uniqueness and makes it easier for SE to half-ass events because "they'll have several years' worth of items in the NPCs anyway, just give them an earring or something."

If you missed out on an event that sucks, but to then turn around to the people that DID participate and say "no, I should be able to get it too" frankly comes across as a little entitled.
    Who realistically uses these items as a badge of honor? If they somehow showed "uberleet" status then you can claim entitlement issues. Otherwise, this seems more like a cash grab.
    (5)

Player
    Pizzeria Mafia New York Style Fuhgeddaboudit
    Character
    Phafi Flailspike
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Belhi View Post
    Hmm... The reason they might have made the untradeable was to stop them from become a way to trade money for gil since they are selling them now.
    It being untradable doesn't stop you from paying someone to plop it on your lawn.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nemeera Starnight
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    Every seasonal event is like a one time event, because they are different each year
    But they have sold past seasonal event in game (in 1.0 and i beleave at the start of 2.0) till players started asking for the one time event items to be sold, then SE just tossed all seasonal event and 1 time event items on the MS
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Teigar Whyteblade
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I dont mind them selling them, my only issue is that its $5.00 for 1 decor item. For 5 should get The tree, snowman and gift boxes. But maybe Im just cheap.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukha View Post
    Yeah, this is getting really ridiculous. I was iffy about these items being put on the mogstation in the first place, but the last two events they made the housing items untradable and market-prohibited.
    Event items are always untradeable and market prohibited when they are first released in game. The restriction usually gets lifted like 6 months later in a patch. That's why you can buy starlight sentinels and the wall decorations from last year on the MB now. People who aware of this trend always buy extras of the event items and hold them in their retainers until the restriction is lifted and then sell them a year later for max profit when the event happens again and people don't want to pay for mogstation version.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Belhi View Post
    From what I remember what they did in the past was just leave stuff inaccessible if you missed the relevant gear. The only reason it started appearing in the Mogstation was because people kept asking for old event stuff including through the Mogstation. There were long threads asking for it.
    Incorrect. You used to be able to buy all (unless quest obtained only) items from the previous year's event from the event NPC. The second they announced the Cash Shop this stopped & items started to cost cash.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    So, if I'm not mistaken, we can't even get the Christmas tree this year without paying an additional fee on top of the subscription? I still have my tree, but my wife who just started this year will be very sad to learn this.

Grinch move, Square-Enix.

Does anyone else think that they're going a little overboard with making things Mog Station-exclusive? Sure, past mounts and minions are understandable, but Christmas trees should be obtainable within Eorzea every year.

We're one step closer to Whoville circa Christmas Eve, unless someone's corporate heart grows a few sizes.
    That's SE sweety, not the first time they show us how they consider MS to be a wonderfull thing, supported by a lot of players.
    They could just make them buyable again IG with event currencies but less money and money is cool ^^"
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Emstidor View Post
    Exactly - so let's throw all environmental standards, regulations and protections over board! Sucks if you missed out on clean air, drink-able water and nature reserves, but to let the current generation suffer for it is just entitled.

Free the dioxin!
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast