Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Any thoughts on them using a Magun?

and them being a mix of chemist and cannoneer?

All feedback and likes are appreciated
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    we actually already have chemist
    They just thought it didn't fit the Ishgard theme so re-skinned it and called it astrologian ;o

just imagine all the card skills as picking up ingredients and mixing them together and whatnot
    perhaps some kind of aether cannon instead of shooting out starlight
    etc etc
    (0)
    Last edited by Nihility; 06-23-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    we actually already have chemist
    They just thought it didn't fit the Ishgard theme so re-skinned it and called it astrologian ;o

just imagine all the card skills as picking up ingredients and mixing them together and whatnot
    perhaps some kind of aether cannon instead of shooting out starlight
    etc etc
    Not necessarily, Astrologian is a mix of a gambler and time mage, sure they have a system that is similar to mixing, but that doesn't mean it can't be added. Mix and Cards are completely different.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zanelle Solainteau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I would much prefer a dexterity/aiming set for a chemist with ranged role actions (still can use limited mp). I don't think a chemist should require something like swiftcast, since they aren't mages. The biggest problems would be protect and esuna, but we can bring back leeches and not having protect can simply be labeled a con for playing the class. In raid content, the other healer would have to carry it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Not necessarily, Astrologian is a mix of a gambler and time mage, sure they have a system that is similar to mixing, but that doesn't mean it can't be added. Mix and Cards are completely different.
    I mean they literally said it was originally chemist and reskinned it to fit ishgard theme in an interview.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I mean they literally said it was originally chemist and reskinned it to fit ishgard theme in an interview.
    No, they said Astrologian is inspired by Time Mage. Astrologian have many Time Mage skills, but no Chemist skill.
    (1)
    Last edited by Felis; 06-25-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    No, they said Astrologian is inspired by Time Mage. Astrologian have many Time Mage skills, but no Chemist skill.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/pax_2015_interview

RPGamer: What was the inspiration for the creation of the new Astrologian class?

Yoshida: With the Astrologian there were actually many different ideas that were pitched to even name the job. One of the more unique ones was “item wielder” (Editor’s note: Foxclonn began digging in his phone to try and find an English equivalent for their original job concept name). In the end we considered the lore and the fact we’re going into Ishguard. The area has a very prominent Astrologian presence and they see the movement of the stars to gauge where the dragons are as well seeing the future by reading the stars. Just like there is an observatory in the Coerthas areas Astrologians were a prominent element that already existed in the realm. Another unique element and ideas in terms of a healer there was actually an idea that was pitched: “Could we have a healer that wields firearms?” (Editor’s note: They found the word at this point to be Chemist and Yoshida makes a throwing motion to mimic healing by throwing potions) So going back to the concept of coming up with Astrologian and of course there was talk of “Can they hold a gun” but in the end we decided using the cards was a cool idea and considering the culture of the Ishguard area where they read the stars that blended in very well. It is a nostalgic concept as well. If you are a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics you may recognize the Astrologian as well. So that’s why we've decided on that healer roll with the cards. A lot of debate went on. A lot of considerations were made. Definitely it’s a very cool healer type role so we hope that you give it a try as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Chemist is different enough to work in this game, Even if they got inspiration from a Chemist or Gambler for Astrologian it doesn't mean the job couldn't work. In my opinion Chemist is unique enough to work in the game, and it would be a shame if it never comes to the game since they are the second traditional healer of the series and have appeared since tactics as a healer.

I also made them different from Astrologian to have different enough from Astrologians, they use more a mudra system and they have a stacking mini divine seal effect on their heals, plus unique mix items that are different from what the Astrologian brings.
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 06-25-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    RPGamer: What was the inspiration for the creation of the new Astrologian class?
    That almost makes it sound like they already had the resources for something along the lines of Chemist. Or at least the core concept in mind to make it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Chemist is different enough to work in this game, Even if they got inspiration from a Chemist or Gambler for Astrologian it doesn't mean the job couldn't work.
    I think at this point, with what demand the job has, something Chemist-like is an eventuality. It still needs a system more reliable than the Mudra system though just because of what issues are already present with it just for the job that currently uses it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Titor View Post
    I really hate mudras, they completley break the combat flow IMO and is one of the reasons I don't play ninja. I really hope chemist would not have a similar system. Or at least not one that has an awkward oGCD cooldown thing.
    I think Mudras would feel so much better if other skills didn't interrupt them.

Ten - Spinning Edge - Chi - Jin - Gust Slash - Suiton - Trick Attack - Aeolian Edge.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast