Player
    Character
    Auro Aeoran
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayTrash View Post
    As a smn main for a long time, why the heck are u resing ppl in the first place, healer usually have swift cast up. Unless ur ask to resz or the other healer die and swift cast is down keep on dpsin.
    This is quite common as a relief on healer mp when many rezzes are occuring, and singular raise will not punish your dps enough to leave the entire burden on healers, especially when shit is blowing up ( like the chaos that can spawn during diabolos because everyone forgets what dodging is). Your dps doesnt mean anything if your healers run out of mp and you wipe. Summoners also uses eye for eye on tanks too. I know shocking. Using your utility, blasphemy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auro Aeoran
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudito View Post
    Because bard is just plain weak and giving other party members "support" does cover up these weakness. They hit like wet noodles outside of their openers or when their (long!) cooldowns are available.
    um fflogs says otherwise, parsing says otherwise. if hitting like a wet noodle means 5-10.2% less than a "strong" dps class at top tier content ( source: https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/4/#aggregate=amount , https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/4/...nt&dataset=100 , https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/13/#aggregate=amount , https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/13...nt&dataset=100 ) then wet noodles got a major upgrade since I last checked. Also in some of those, "strong" dps classes pulled weaker than the wet noddle =3

if what you mean to say is they lack burst outside of their openers, that is completely different.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Bard is not weak, only the player behind it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Bard is not weak, only the player behind it
    ^ This.

Bards have some of the highest potential when it comes to DPS numbers. However, they have a very low skill floor and a very high skill ceiling. It's easier to play a bard and be terrible/mediocre than it is to be a bard and play it well.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I sure don't - as someone who mains WAR and frequently plays with BLMs and SMNs, I love having BRDs in my parties for Foe's and Warden's Paean. Naturally, using the songs and the rest of the job correctly is what matters - BRDs, like all jobs, are perfectly capable of being very valuable when played right.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    ...Did we really have to necrothread this thread? >w>
    (0)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayTrash View Post
    As a smn main for a long time, why the heck are u resing ppl in the first place, healer usually have swift cast up. Unless ur ask to resz or the other healer die and swift cast is down keep on dpsin.
    after maining whm for more than a year I might get the situations right when a smn res could be helpful and when not - that being said AuroA covered it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroA View Post
    This is quite common as a relief on healer mp when many rezzes are occuring, and singular raise will not punish your dps enough to leave the entire burden on healers, especially when shit is blowing up ( like the chaos that can spawn during diabolos because everyone forgets what dodging is). Your dps doesnt mean anything if your healers run out of mp and you wipe. Summoners also uses eye for eye on tanks too. I know shocking. Using your utility, blasphemy.
    thx at least some people got it right :3
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6