Player
    Character
    Lawliet Nero
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Dualshock 4 on pc

Everytime I try using my dualshock 4 on PC the analog sticks act a bit weird. When I try moving either one to the left, it doesn't completely respond and ends up staggering. Is this common with the dualshock 4 or just my controller? Also does the official wireless adapter work well with this game?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I recently switched to PC and I use a Dualshock 4 connected with a USB cord (I don't use a wireless adapter, so I can't say how well it works with FFXIV).

I haven't really noticed any stuttering with my controllers (I used an old one that I know has a worn-out X button, and a new one I ordered a few days ago), so it may be a controller issue. How old is your controller? Is it possible that the left analog stick is a little worn? If other aspects of the game are stuttering, could be related to your computer working to run the game/slow network connection, but if it's just trying to move you character with your analog stick, more than likely it's a controller issue.
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I also have problems with the DS4 on my PC.

It's like there's a slight dead zone on the diagonal areas, and even in the cardinal directions. I can be running holding the joystick forward, but it'll cut in and out between running and walking, and not even consistently, some days i'll be right as rain all day, others i'll be too afraid to enter a duty because i can't run properly. I've adjusted the sensitivity to like 12, and that has helped, but it still happens.

I tried to use a bluetooth adapter with it to see if that would fix it, but it was much worse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Franz Renatus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I've used DS4 on PC connected with USB, bluetooth and recently, I've switched over to the official wireless adapter (which is just a buffed up bluetooth adapter only for the controller).

FFXIV works fine with no modifications on USB and the official adapter. Preferably, though, I recommend grabbing a copy of InputMapper (formerly DS4Windows), which allows for quite a bit of customization. It also lets you use the DS4 with other games that only support xbox controllers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amy Chase
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I use DS4Win and it works just fine for me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I have used a DS4 with a bluetooth dongle for years with no problems. I use Inputmapper, so the game sees it as a xbox360 controller if that matters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vigiox Sun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Make sure the controller is getting charge. Last time that happened to me my controller was not getting power,low battery an defective USB cable was making the controller feel something was broken specially the analogs .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seigyoku Cypher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    I've had my ds4 (for pc gaming) since they were released in stores. I've had to take it apart a few times; x button was only registering hard presses, replaced the analog sticks, getting the R2 trigger working after breaking it while replacing the analog sticks ;p but I have not noticed a stutter in movement in any direction so far.

I started off using scarlet crush, but ffxiv recognizes the ds4 just fine on Windows 10, so I stopped using the work around.

(Primarily wired, sometimes with a weak laptop bluetooth usb adapter that has horrible range)
    (0)
    "Ul'dah can keep their dusty markets, and their streets paved in silver and gold.
    Limsa Lominsa keep your pirates, and your ships covered in musty mold.
    My loyalty lies with Gridania, with the Moogles and the tree spirits of old." -The Forky Conjurer