Threaded View

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Honestly, Cure III stresses me out as an SCH. I would much rather my WHM co-heal use Medica with me popping indom, than her trying to Cure III bomb. We have a Ninja and a Dragoon who just looooove their positionals and sometimes that results in one of them not being stacked close enough to get healed before Whirlwind, resulting in Lustrates or Death. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleftobismal View Post
    Celestial opposition has other usage, it's primary use are for card benefits extension, collective unconscious benefits on top of regen stack extension, light speed, or to stop an excessive pull from killing your tank. You seem to misunderstand the point of celestial opposition. It's not just a skill to use just for myself. (I'd Hope to be the class that uses their skills for others) And believe me, setting all this up perfectly ain't a trip in the park. I've seen AST cause a party to fail because they wanted to use this skill for EVERYTHING.
    Also, this bugged me. You have 30 seconds to press Celestial Opposition to extend the duration of Cards. You have plenty of time to squeeze out an extended Luminiferous Aether. One of the best parts of playing AST is the sheer flexibility it has. So yes, good ASTs will extend the duration of their MP regen, regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleftobismal View Post
    Divine Seal:

Increases healing magic potency by 30% for 15s. CD 60 Seconds

Vs.

Synastry

Increases healing actions by 20%, Synast. target receives 40% of healing done. 90 second CD

**Synastry excell's at healing multiple targets if your mt will survive enough with the 40% part heal. However, the over all healing power both long term and short still not as powerful as a 30% divine seal. However, the potency can be matched when within Nocturnal Sect.

**Divine Seal with its shorter CD can be used in multiple situations where the whm wishes to rapidly burst heal a MT, or the whole party. Comparing the 30% modifier every 60 seconds to the 20% every 90 seconds shows quite the difference in heal power.

*Divine Seal requires 30 seconds less

Double also, you realize that Synastry is a blunt force heal right? It is probably the most powerful healing CD in the game. With a crit Benefic, IT IS a Benediction.

Say you heal for 10k with cure II.
    Divine Seal. Cure IIs are now 13k.

Alright. Synastry time. You heal 10k with an Equally Geared Diurnal AST (Not even factoring in the HPS of Diurnal or the Raw boost of Nocturnal.)
    You heal the Tank for 12k. Nope, not exactly. You healed him for 12k + (12k*.4) which results in 16.8k heals. [ASTs also have a proc that tells them that have a Crit Benefic II in their pocket. Which can restore ANY CLASS to maximum.]

So 13k Cure IIs on demand every 45 seconds (60 seconds-15 second duration), compared to 16.8k every 70 (90 seconds - 20 second duration., can also be extended with Celestial opposition to 30 seconds).

Strange Number to build a relation between the two:
    13k/45= 289 VS 16.8k/70=240. If you factor in Diurnal's Speed boost its 252.

Yay, WHM is winning right? Well its not. The thing is, you have to look at the WHOLE toolkit. You can't look at 1 skill side by side and say which is better. You need to see the synergy. What about Disable? Reduce Damage taken by 10% every 60 seconds for 6 seconds? That skill alone reduces all outgoing damage by 10% for 10% of the fight! That might seem like 1%, but not all phases are equal. You pop it when applicable, just as you are unlikely to pop Divine Seal during a lull, just because its off the CD. A wild bole appearing after a shuffle fish for a balance, gives you even more mitigation.

WHM has "Big Heals."
    AST has almost as "Big Heals," but much more raw mitigation through disable alone. This results in AST being the stronger healer, because it has less it has to heal, because the damage never took place, so they aren't even factored into the equation for comparison.

[BTW, I love AST as it is now. Its pretty refreshing from SCH. It is a beast of its own. WHM won't probably receive love until 4.0, but I hope they focus on the duality of White Magic. Magic that gives and takes, like Assize.]
    (9)
    Last edited by Rawrz; 12-02-2016 at 04:06 PM.