Character
    Steven Seagull
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 56

Unable to progress in the mainstory

Hey,

I just returned to the game after a long break. Unfortunately in order to continue the main story I now have to complete the binding coil of bahamuth turn 2 & 4. Yesterday I tried the dungeon finder as a tank with all languages enabled and in 300 minutes I was not able to find a single group!
    Today I'm already in the queue for 210 minutes and again I could not find a group!
    There is nothing else I can do in the game, no other quests are available anymore and I'm spending my whole ingame time sitting in Mor Dhana hoping to find a group for hours!
    That's not the expierence I was hoping to get when I bought heavensward and a new 30 day subscription!
    At least the main story until you reach the endgame content should be playable just by using the dungeon finder!
    Any ideas on how to get my money (or at least a part of it) back? If finding a FC that does Bahamuth is my only way to progress in the story content at level 56 I am very disappointed and feel ripped off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuthsucks View Post
    Hey,

I just returned to the game after a long break. Unfortunately in order to continue the .
    just ask like two or three people to run it unsync with you and you can do it in 5 mins , but Im on the fifthy quest myself I dont recall that being apart of the msq line u may need to go back to the walking sands and talk to bae aka minafilla
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    The Binding coil of Bahamut isn't required to be cleared in order to carry on in the MSQ.
    It was the old end game Raid back when LV50 was the cap and is optional to do.

And why should you feel ripped off? From what I've gathered you have a miss-understanding of how things work in the game.

If you completed all MSQ in ARR which is 2.55 before the dawn then you need to talk to Alplhianuld *what ever his name is* in Central Corethas.
    (0)
    Last edited by Martin_Arcainess; 11-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Steven Seagull
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 56
    It is part of the main story line. Up to this point I could just quest normaly but now Minafilla is standing in the walking sands and only wants to give me the next quest If I at least once completed Turn 2 & 4...
    anyways I will try finding people for unsynced, thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuthsucks View Post
    It is part of the main story line. Up to this point I could just quest normaly but now Minafilla is standing in the walking sands and only wants to give me the next quest If I at least once completed Turn 2 & 4...
    anyways I will try finding people for unsynced, thank you.
    What? Have they Changed this then? You got a screen shot of minfilia asking for this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I'm not sure what information you have been given but you do not have to complete the Binding Coil of Bahamut to progress in the main storyline - the Coil storyline is actually an optional story that ties into the main storyline but isn't a requirement to progress in it (although there is a scene in the Heavensward 3.4 story that does reference it if you have passed it already, but again it's not a requirement to progress through this quest, it has alternative dialogue if you have not done Coil).

If you are unsure whereabouts you are up to in the main scenario open your Journal and check under 'Seventh Astral Era Main Scenario Quests', take note of the last quest title in this list, and then post it here, so I can help you with where you need to go, as it is not always obvious where you last left off on the main storyline. Either way, don't give up yet!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Coil isn't part of the main story, and therefore isn't required to reach the Heavensward story.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lele Santoix
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't remember the Binding coil sidequest to be a requirement to progress main story, are you sure? Main story quests have the arr icon.
    Did you try to check the Rising Stones in Mor Dhona to see if there are new quests available?
    (0)
    Last edited by Meimi_chan; 11-26-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    [QUOTE=Martin_Arcainess;3945591]What? Have they Changed this then? You got a screen shot of minfilia asking for this?[/QUOTE Its really not tho I am on the level 50 quest myself binding coil isnt required minfilla at the begining gives u a few quest at a time you need to just check for the one with the flame, are pull up msq on the load station and it will tell you each quest in order and binding coil isnt in the msq its not required. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...=0&category3=2
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Steven Seagull
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 56
    Im so sorry you guys are obviously right! It was my mistake, I don't know how but I mixed things up. Yalis in Mor Dhona wants me to complete coil in order to get some new sidequests. Don't know how I mixed this up with the main story quest. Funny I contacted ingame support and email support several times and they alyways told me to just be patient and wait instead of telling me that it's not part of the main quest...

Anyways gonna visit Minafilla now, thank you
    (2)