Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rihavein Apocrypha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    wow whats the reason behind removing the chat seriously? this is stupid... are JPs blms still too op that they have to remove the chat and screw everyone?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dirty Paws
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    How about banning the abusive players from the feast instead of punishing the whole community?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Natyusha Nynaj
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    This is the dumbest change I have ever seen. How are you supposed to communicate anything with your team? The fiesta levels were high enough with chat I cant imagine what it will be like now with only a few simple directions that probably cant even have a sound effect added to them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by natyusha View Post
    This is the dumbest change I have ever seen. How are you supposed to communicate anything with your team? The fiesta levels were high enough with chat I cant imagine what it will be like now with only a few simple directions that probably cant even have a sound effect added to them.
    While the ability to use /p, /s, /y and /sh is going to be removed it is going to be replaced with a new PvP Auto-translate system with several new macros. I doubt things will be as limited as you think.
    (6)

5. 11-25-2016 09:52 PM

Player
    Character
    Mimiwa Miwa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Macros are SO important in Feast. It's difficult to be aware of everything that goes on, and be able to react accordingly. Healers can't macro to indicate that they are stunlocked or need full swing purified off of them. Ranged DPS can't tell us when their burst is up. My main job, Paladin, is very reliant on CDs and communicating them to my healer, I always tell them remaining time on my Cover and Tetsudo so they can respond appropriately and we don't accidentally cover and attune at the same time.

I'd argue this pushes out newbies even more, they will lose and no one will tell them what went wrong.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I don't know how players using controllers going to deal with adding more macros. Its hard enough with all the pvp abilities.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Natyusha Nynaj
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryannex View Post
    stuff.
    These 'Toxic' attitudes exist in every team based pvp game out there. IMO the difference in ffxiv is that people are often so much worse than their teammates that people cant help themselves when it comes to calling them out. I may not be the absolute best player around but I've certainly run into players who make me question how they even managed to log into the game. When you lose a match because of a player like that there is no way someone won't say something to them. But now that same player who is ruining the fun for 3 other people will get to sit in their happy little safe space losing games without even realizing how much they have to learn. There are some things that just have to be said like yelling at someone for picking up 10 medal stacks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soar Atoria
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    10/10 I approve of this update.
    (14)

Player

I am against this change.

Communication in the feast is extremely important!
    Things like alerting the tank that medals dropped
    As a healer asking Party members to for a purify when a White Mage or Black Mage sleeps you.
    Alerting your team when you are about to die as a healer, or when your low MP.
    etc.

Also, They want more new players to get active in PVP and learn how to feast etc. Well this is going to completely alienate new players that are trying to learn, becuase older players are no longer going to be able to communicate or offer strategy advise etc.
    (6)
    Last edited by Vejjiegirl; 11-25-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeVie View Post
    It is not all bad.
    It's not, but apparently, it was far more bad than good. I haven't watched the live letter myself, but one person in our discord said something along the lines of "Literally more hate than strategy, lol".

I wager that's also why they don't want to ban abusive players - there would not be many left in a "community" that struggles with player issues already. Plus, in order to do that, people need to report those players and birds of a feather flock together. That's in addition to the additional workload on GMs that would cause. I can understand, though not agree with why they chose to just disable chat instead.

Oh well! Better keep justifying raging at people because "muh competition!" I'm sure it'll do a world of good >_>
    OH WAIT!
    (5)

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast