Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I was thinking where will the drains and dark spells go, then it hit me. Arcanist! That is the next mage class to come out.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Arcanist
    Just a wild guess, mostly, but it does fit.
    (0)
    Forum Lurker Extraordinaire.
    Like a good stalker, I'm always there.

Player
    Character
    Corrderio Arseid
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    I was thinking where will the drains and dark spells go, then it hit me. Arcanist! That is the next mage class to come out.
    Maybe, but since Yoshida was thiking of ACN as a trap type class, wouldn't bet on it.

I'll just wait til the update for the full list. IDAF what they do as long as nukes are actaully desired.
    (0)

3. 11-21-2011 11:31 PM
    Reason
    Double

Player
    Character
    Umo Heima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'll just wait til the update for the full list.
    What "full list" are you referring to?
    (0)
    English is not my mother language. I'm trying to do my best, so please don't be rude...

¡Únete a la Comunidad en español de FFXIV en MeWe!
    https://mewe.com/join/ffxivesp

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    hopefully thm will be a real nuker and the best DD with these changes so that they have a purpose. Blm's extreme power comes at the cost of low def and low hp and having to manage hate. All the factor are there except for the ability to out DD the melee class's.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by JTSpender View Post
    And hey, if they took out all the awesome THM debuff stuff because the next mage class they're going to release turns into Red Mage, then they have my complete and total forgiveness. (Though honestly, I'd rather see the debuffs moved a class that turns into Scholar, or maybe Geomancer, and RDM turned into an actual magical fencer with mechanics similar to FFXI's dancer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Totally agree, good point !
    Aside from my disappointment of THM turning into BLM (and the story line contradictions that entails), it would be great if there was an alternate class (like the scout type class they talked about from GLA instead of unlocking PLD) like Archanist. It would particularly fit if they brought back the old Demi (which looks /strangely like shadowsear) back with this.

Of course I could also see the THM concepts made into a controller type RDM (the backliners we saw from XI) without the swordplay or nukes. This would make me happy as well.

Another interesting concept for another THM follow-up would be a Mystic (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic). It fits rather well, and a little bit better than Arcanist imo. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lux Lex
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 38
    I am so unhappy with the number of spells...
    (1)

8. 11-28-2011 05:13 PM

Player
    Character
    Aarzak Rskalas
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 27
    Add +1 to the list of disappointed people.
    Elements make no sense to THM lore-wise, just like it's a very disappointing choice to see THM stripped of the astral/umbral spells and Sacrifice.
    It is equally disappointing to see CNJ's elements be reduced from 6 to 2... how is any of this supposed to make sense?

They are just destroying lore to "adapt" it to the practical needs they have. That is: turning CNJ into WHM and THM into BLM, which once again makes no sense.
    CNJ should have got access to both Jobs, and THM to something else. Yet they refused to consider this, and what we're seeing now is just the consequence of this bad original choice.

I'm really really really disappointed by the Disciple of Magic class reforms. There are no words, really, to express how disappointed it is.
    I know this may feel unrelevant to most, but I feel this is when I get my chance to express a form of feedback to SE, if enough do the same maybe there's a slight chance a few things might be delayed/adjusted before they go live...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Maybe, but since Yoshida was thiking of ACN as a trap type class, wouldn't bet on it.

I'll just wait til the update for the full list. IDAF what they do as long as nukes are actaully desired.
    heres a vid to a gm arcanist that was in game buffing people for anyone interested

edit forgot to post link, lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9pLB4CHpo
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 11-30-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2