Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    When I was level 18 I could get a single level 20 levequest for Armorer. When I was level 20 they took it away and replaced it with 4 level 25 Levequests so the brunt end of it, you fail, botch, abandon your way through 50 levels.

Here is one I really got a chuckle out of. I went and checked the Levequests for Weaver but did it as a Conjurer. Noted 3 levequests level 25, jumped out and switched to Weaver, went back to find only 1 Levequest level 25. I don't know what they have in the code for crafting levequests but it leaves alot to be desired.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    every leve in the game should scale to what ever your level is when you get it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spikey Sato
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    this has been a real big problem since day one. The leve system in this game is a great idea and it can become awesome but right now it really suck's. I don't know why they haven't fixed this by now, They seem to fix loads of other things and some of which most people didnt care about.

2 Leves for 1 gather run really bad unless u set ur HP at an inn and the camp ur running to you're going to run out of anima really fast, or be wasting a lot of time to wait on recast home point or even having a lot of deaths on you're Character that inst needed there.

When i'm 36 ARM i wanna to be able to go up to the counter and pick from maybe 4 leves that are level 40 even 2 would be nice none of this random crap.

Be also glad to be able to hold around 4 or so gather leve's, 2 being the limit isnt all that great. I saw a post where some was talking about player made leves which sounds like a great idea why dont bring that in and let people choose from player made leve's to help with there leveling, Yea the game is meant to be hard, But dont forget the game is also meant to be fun.

English = Shit (Drunk )
    (0)
    Spikey Sato
    CEO ~ Project Evolutionz
    Gamer of the Year 2010/2011, Walked Away First Place

Yes I'm Irish, Yes I Drink Alot & Yes I Do Play A Lalafell On FFXIV! What's Your Point?

Spikey's Gaming Work -> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4359860/

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Yea agreed about the lack of correctly aligned leves/level situation.

As someone suggested above they just need to add a selection for each level bracket.

1-10
    11-20
    21-30
    31-40
    41-50

Also show all leves available for that level, if more than 8 are available then randomise them or add a second page to the leve selection.

Hopefully they have completely revamped the leve UI in 2.0 and the way the leves are offered.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jinko; 07-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    Here is one I really got a chuckle out of. I went and checked the Levequests for Weaver but did it as a Conjurer. Noted 3 levequests level 25, jumped out and switched to Weaver, went back to find only 1 Levequest level 25. I don't know what they have in the code for crafting levequests but it leaves alot to be desired.
    I can explain how this happened, though I can't explain why they chose to make it work this way. Available leves automatically reshuffle every time your leve count refreshes (when you get +4 leve credits), but for some stupid reason, they only shuffle after you check the counter. Your experience actually had nothing to do with you switching jobs.

This means you can do the following:
    1) View leves available at counter (any type).
    2) Wait until after the next leve refresh without completing any leves.
    3) View leves available at counter (same type as step 1) - these leves will be identical to the ones viewed in step 1
    4) Back out of all the menus
    5) View leves available at counter (same type as step 1) - these leves will be shuffled and no longer match what you just saw in step 3 (or 1) unless you're really unlucky.
    6) If you keep checking the counter now without completing a leve or waiting for the next leve cycle, the leves will always match what you saw in step 5.

Yeah, leves are messed up.

I often take advantage of this behavior for leves (of any type). After being logged out for a while, I'll check the counter, pick up leves, then turn around and re-check the counter to see if there are any new leves that shuffled in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 07-09-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I can explain how this happened, though I can't explain why they chose to make it work this way. Available leves automatically reshuffle every time your leve count refreshes (when you get +4 leve credits), but for some stupid reason, they only shuffle after you check the counter. Your experience actually had nothing to do with you switching jobs.

This means you can do the following:
    1) View leves available at counter (any type).
    2) Wait until after the next leve refresh without completing any leves.
    3) View leves available at counter (same type as step 1) - these leves will be identical to the ones viewed in step 1
    4) Back out of all the menus
    5) View leves available at counter (same type as step 1) - these leves will be shuffled and no longer match what you just saw in step 3 (or 1) unless you're really unlucky.
    6) If you keep checking the counter now without completing a leve or waiting for the next leve cycle, the leves will always match what you saw in step 5.

Yeah, leves are messed up.

I often take advantage of this behavior for leves (of any type). After being logged out for a while, I'll check the counter, pick up leves, then turn around and re-check the counter to see if there are any new leves that shuffled in.
    It actually makes the most sense with the level dynamics. With 25 level levequests coming up at 20, 35 at 30 etc so many are abandoned they can't use turn in as the trigger so the next best solution was to make it leve counts. Besides if I had to make priority, this would be lower on the list than other things.

The level 20 Armorer one was in in Limsa and you had to go to bongo so and so to get the materials and do turn in. I could get the quest, go to him, do the quest, turn in and go back to the leve desk. It took less time to do all that than it did for the girl at the desk to render back on to the screen. Latency in this game is by far their biggest detriment, I dare say it always has been.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Calico
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Yeah I agree with all the posts here. Lvl range or star meter for difficulty would be much better. Dol could remain 2 per camp if they would add grade 6. Sometimes ill rage hasty hand a bunch of lower leves in hopes of getting them to shuffle to my lvl range. I have all crafts to 40 or above and sometimes there are no leves in 2 out of the 3 cities. Wonder if the devs are in just wait for 2.0 mode.

Player

Crafting and Gathering leve's need to be looked at and changed.

Crafting leve's : Random level's of leve's with 1 or 2 you can viabley do for EXP then to have to go to the camp to turn in for a tiny amount of exp is just stupid especially if the first leve is turn in at camp Horizon and the other camp broken water.

Gathering Leve's : 2 leve's maximum so having to go to the area run two leve's and then having to run all the way back to town to get the same two leve's over and over and over is not fun and just plain annoying.

This is fixed easily by making both have there leve limit the same a Discipline's of war and magic having them all at the same camps by the level they are and giving more leves to Crafting/Gathering classes and sort them by level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amyas Leigh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    jumped out and switched to Weaver, .
    I believe you can pick up leves as any class, or am i mistaken?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyas View Post
    I believe you can pick up leves as any class, or am i mistaken?
    Correct, I explained what happened to Ksenia four posts after that.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3