Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I just don't see the reason to whine about having to do 51-100, it's menial, it's trivial and it benefits your 101-200 runs anyways. Seems like a non-issue which is why I'm not exactly defending the system, but I just don't see a reason to do a change when it's perfectly fine. Seems like hubbub all about nothing. However I am defending the game in the case that you are saying its design is at fault because it resets LBs when someone DCs or pushes you out of the duty when everyone DCs, that's not the game at fault because it doesn't take that into account, it's not meant to and it shouldn't be meant to either...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lisotte Poena
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Honestly I wouldn't complain if it resets you back to floor 101. That said I'd clear floor 200 way faster if that were the case, and definitely would at least hit floor 150 faster solo if that were the case.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I think all we need is fixed party restriction and start/reset from floor 101.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syvic Zivota
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    snip
    Weak point? Yet they plan out say they have the ability to modify rules at any given time.

"105. Agreement to the Rules By participating in the Madden NFL Live Challenge: Draft Champions, participants agree to comply with the rules and regulations as well as the decisions made by the tournament administration, whose decisions are final and binding. Every participant acknowledges the right of the tournament administration to modify these rules and regulations in the spirit of creating a fair competition at any given time and without prior notice. The application of these rules and regulations is at the sole discretion of the tournament administration. Every participant is asked to maintain an adequate level of respect and friendliness with the other participants and the referees. Unsportsmanlike and disrespectful behavior towards the referees and the other participants will not be tolerated. Incidents and punishment will be identified at the sole discretion of the tournament administration. Participants must abide by the instructions made by the tournament administration at all times. All participants must follow sponsors directions. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant from the competition at any level, any time, and for any reason."

Meaning if their team of mods determine that ANY issue needs to be reset they game, remove players, or call of the tournament, they can and have the power to do so at any time.

And my previous qoute states that ONLINE DCING ISN'T GROUNDS FOR LOSING.

"301.9 Disconnects and Other Stoppages in play In the event of a disconnect or stoppage in play, it is the responsibility of both competitors to reach out to tournament admins for a resolution. Disconnections are not automatic grounds for a loss unless determined by an administrator or if one competitor explicitly forfeits.

If a participant unintentionally disconnects from the game and is not able to reconnect to the game, then tournament officials will determine if the game state can be restored to a similar point. If the game cannot be restored, then the tournament administrator will use their judgement on how to restart the game."

It's written point blank in their rules that they attempt to restore game progress. Don't be mad because for whatever reason a joke of a game like Madden makes evidently more reasonably sound decisions than SE does.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    'course I'll defend it. When there's physically available tournament admins around they can do stuff like that. But standard CoD matches where it's just one online player vs another with no tournament admin in sight, and you DC? Well suck it up buttercup, because you'll still rack up a loss. If you're DCing that much that having to restart every time is a problem, then maybe you need to have a go at your ISP for having rubbish internet.

Oh, and for the record, I face this DC issue regularly, though not due to the internet going down, because my PC has a habit of freezing up completely (like, it just hangs, all sound stops working, all mouse/keyboard input stops being processed, the physical "reset" button to force a restart of the desktop doesn't work, etc), but every time it happens I just swear and move on. But it's going to the point of being enough of a problem for me that I'm actually getting my computer fixed, like you need to look at if you're getting constant DC issues.
    A standard match in CoD is equal to about running Hull Breaker Hard, PotD is not a standard instance, it doesn't follow the same rules as our standard dungeons, if standard dungeons/raids ran in parallel with PotD, any time you died/wiping during those runs you'd have to start all over, that would be like wiping/dcing on A12s and having to reclear A9s.

I never stated I have dc issues, you've assumed that yourself, I've simply pointed out a flaw in the content design. Even if did have dc issues, there is actually very little anyone could do, aside from switching ISP, playing with settings, and hardware, but even with a switch, reconfigurations, and new hardware you're still at the mercy of ISP techs if something goes down that is outside each of our individual abilities to fix the problem.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jetstream_Fox; 11-09-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9