Player
    Character
    Blue Waffles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Shortage of Airship Only Mats

Who's bright idea was make certain crafting mats only avalible with Airship, this create a shortage and overprice of certain crafting mats, because airship isn't access to everyone unless u own a FC house, even worst is that there are FC leader out there that uses the airship for their own benefit.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Don't start this - you're going to get attacked by all those FC people who are making extraordinary money from airship only mats. They adore their monopoly. I support you, by the way.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aerilon Asiel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    There is not a shortage, or a monopoly on these mats. Everyone has the same ability to get these items as everyone else. You can even run your own FC alone and farm airships for yourself if you are that determined. Stop complaining and play the game. Just because they don't hand you stuff on a silver platter doesn't mean its broken...

Not in an FC? Join one.
    Dont want to be in an FC? Make your own by yourself, or buy the mats, because that is how economics work.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerilon View Post
    There is not a shortage, or a monopoly on these mats. Everyone has the same ability to get these items as everyone else. You can even run your own FC alone and farm airships for yourself if you are that determined. Stop complaining and play the game. Just because they don't hand you stuff on a silver platter doesn't mean its broken...

Not in an FC? Join one.
    Dont want to be in an FC? Make your own by yourself, or buy the mats, because that is how economics work.
    Oh Senpai, tell me how to make a solo FC (impossible), buy a house on a full server (impossible) & then build an airship alone (impossible). Two of those need other players.

People do NOT have equal access to this content. Even if you are in a FC there is no guarantee whatsoever that you will be allowed access to the rewards from airships. The only way is to buy them & if you need something slightly more unusual then expect to be paying through the nose.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Hue Hue
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    You can make a solo FC, you just temporarily invite people to create the FC. You can buy a house on a full server, you just have to have a lot of gil and find someone willing to negotiate transfer, and get a GM involved to make sure the agreed upon price is not against the GM's interpretation of game rules and that one party does not cheat the other party. You can build an airship alone, you just need 3 other people in a party on any level crafter classes inside your workshop when you put in the materials, but you would need to meet the minimum level crafter/gatherer for each of the items you toss into the workshop.

I'm not saying the requirements to access airships are fair, but you are wrong when you keep saying impossibru this impossibru that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    To be honest, when I can save up to 90% of an items MB cost by leveling a crafter myself, I'm simply having a hard time sympathizing with crafters being hit by overpriced goods. I'm more inclined to call that karmic justice >_>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Josh Davis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    you will be surprised on how many people leave houses unoccupied for 45 days, you just need to be in the right place at the right time, and have the right amount of gil to purchase the property.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I have a house but no airship because that's FC only. Also I craft for myself, I've never had more than a few million at once & that was through very hard work running content. As for selling & buying houses - that's not possible without breaking the rules, which are enforced regularly from my experience.

I did warn you OP that they'd crawl out of the woodwork & they have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWW View Post
    I'm not saying the requirements to access airships are fair, but you are wrong when you keep saying impossibru this impossibru that.
    They ARE impossible to do solo because you need the other players, as you have said. How often do you *need* three other players to gather or craft? Plus, why should I be forced to leave the FC I have been in since I started, probably having others to the same, to start my own & then go without the benefits of a rank 8 FC until I rank up? If at the end I can't get property then I'm left in a situation where I am worse off than at the start.

That's simply unfair.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerilon View Post
    Everyone has the same ability to get these items as everyone else.
    That's actually completely false given that there is a severe shortage of houses on the larger servers and there's a lot of awkward hoops to jump through in order to have access to a Free Company airship. Changing the system so that it actually benefits more than just a tiny portion of the community would be rather wonderful. Especially since airship related content was originally pushed as something to be expanded upon over time and has so far met a very lukewarm/negative reception.
    (9)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast