Player
    Character
    Agin Wildfang
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    When Heavensward launched they added a very long list of new mats, but also made all recipes use both old and new mats, if they do that with 4.0 I don't think the inventory expansion will be enough, needing mats from ARR+HW+SB for a single craft.
    Retainers also bring mats, so i don't see how anyone could think they're underwhelming just because we'll get more inventory space, retainers aren't just "Bank" space.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryelle Galashin
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora-san View Post
    yeah why look unique when everyone else can have the same thing at the same time as you ? Man, showing players what they'll be getting if they stick around is wrong!! they must get these things right away and stop playing the game once they do!..... sigh
    So, three things. First, if you want to look "unique" by looking exactly like a previously existing character, you may be doing it wrong. Second, at this point there's already a decent chance this game will be a ghost town by the time new players get the last reward that already exists. If a player joins in two years and sees a six-year reward, do they really foresee ever getting that? Finally, I suggested letting people pick one reward during each reward period. Veterans will still have access to way more stuff. If people just always use the latest reward to show that THEY have it and new players don't, that's lording it over them, hence my first comment.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    That is also true, at the start of heavensward you could make some really good millions off highly demanded mats.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agin Wildfang
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    That is also true, at the start of heavensward you could make some really good millions off highly demanded mats.
    Correct, even today they still bring useful mats, obviously not the highly demanded ones but enough to make HQ lvl50-60 gears for people leveling and some star items.

I think i've also read that the inventory space increase might not come with 4.0 but later, i think the reason given was because it needs server upgrades so it would conflict with Stormblood launch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    They're increasing the inventory size in 4.0 so by then retainers won't be as direly needed and would - presumably - feel underwhelming. I'd rather see more unique, interesting outfits, pets and mounts.
    While i do agree about stuff you mentioned, SE idea of "Huge" inventory space could be a joke for all we know, lol
    Really though, retainers should have already been a vet reward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ifrit Sixonesix
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
    So, three things. First, if you want to look "unique" by looking exactly like a previously existing character, you may be doing it wrong. Second, at this point there's already a decent chance this game will be a ghost town by the time new players get the last reward that already exists. If a player joins in two years and sees a six-year reward, do they really foresee ever getting that? Finally, I suggested letting people pick one reward during each reward period. Veterans will still have access to way more stuff. If people just always use the latest reward to show that THEY have it and new players don't, that's lording it over them, hence my first comment.
    Lol, you're argument that people won't be able to get them is so weak, as the games riddled with so many items that can't be attained, past events, Mogstation, PvP and collectors edition etc...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grim Deathcreed
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledoremd View Post
    Baby new players Couldnt get the rewards waaaaaa so they are doing something different with it
    This bit confuses me, because they'll get them eventually..so whats the deal here? lol
    (2)

Friend/recruitment code for special items and things (use before paying first sub) RACN78W5 (updated) info on items here http://sqex.to/Cz9 code is entered via the mogstation.

Player
    Character
    Ryelle Galashin
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrit616 View Post
    Lol, you're argument that people won't be able to get them is so weak, as the games riddled with so many items that can't be attained, past events, Mogstation, PvP and collectors edition etc...
    The point of veteran rewards is to be an incentive to subscribe. If these rewards are unattainable for new players, which you seem to be essentially acknowledging that they are, then they are not an incentive for new players.

As a veteran player, I'm guessing this doesn't bother you, but it does limit the effectiveness of the system. If anything it de-incentivizes new players, because if they really want a Zidane outfit they can be certain that they aren't getting it for three years.

You're only thinking of this from your own perspective, please try looking at it from the perspective of a new player or Square Enix.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The last several glamor rewards look like crap on a Roe and go straight from my mog mail to my armoire so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5