Player
    Character
    Aika Kayoi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70

Cannot start GC squadron quest?

I am a second storm lieutenant in Maelstrom, can't get promoted any further.
    I have the challenge log unlocked (rise to the challenge quest)
    I am trying to unlock Squadron missions from the Storm Personnel Officer in Limsa upper decks.

There's no quest icons, no dialogue on anyone in the entire GC, nowhere I can see to start them up. What am I doing wrong?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Rise to the challenge is a requirement for the quest Squadron and commander which unlocks squadrons. You can get it from the officer. Are you sure nothing appears?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Did you happen to be on a DoH/DoL class at the time? For some inexplicable reason, not only does this require being on a combat class, but instead of showing the red unavailable quest icon when you don't meet that requirement, it just won't show anything at all. On a DoH/DoL it will look as though there is no quest there. (The Personnel Officer even still says there are no further ranks if you ask about a promotion.)

(Well, at least that's how it was when first released. It seems a bit broken to me, so it's possible SE either has fixed it or will do so.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 11-10-2016 at 01:57 AM.