Player
    Character
    Nic Pay
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KouenElfrit View Post
    Came to me as an idea since I've fawned over adorable Khloe.

Since housing is able to have vendors and mendors indoors and outdoors, I was thinking maybe adopting a little miqo ( or perhaps other races) child, offering a home in place of taking care of a few things (like gardening, chocobo stable tending, etc.) interacting with furniture, petting a chocobo, sitting on a bench and reading a book, etc.

This would absolutely liven up housing and make the household feel more home-y. What do you guys think?
    I love the housing feature I think a nice start would be to at least log back into the game in ur apartment or house , being kicked out is the most un homelike feeling
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

It would be nice perhaps a child of war

It would be nice I recall having a npc companion in 11 that you teamed up and raised. For 14 maybe have one for a particular jobs. Example I miss having a wyvern companion for DRG. as a pet. Help dps / heal / ect. As for a child perhaps make a story line such as finding their mother or father in the ashes of war with alternate endings and perhaps they offer to work for you in exchange for shelter or as thanks for helping them find conclusion to their search. Even better you save them from some primal before they get taken over. Just a thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kouen Elfrit
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by dejiko_san View Post
    How would you pay them? Ventures?

Otherwise it falls under child labor ^^;
    Maybe with food, candy, triple triad cards. Things kids want you know? Could make nice use of elemental materia if the little ones request marbles to play with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I can only imagine how much fun they'd have trying to programs pathing with all the odd things we do with houses. It would be nice to bring a bit of life to the houses when other people aren't around though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delphor Pierce
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    I can only imagine how much fun they'd have trying to programs pathing with all the odd things we do with houses. It would be nice to bring a bit of life to the houses when other people aren't around though.
    They don't necessarily have to be walking everywhere in the house at any one given point. If they can make NPCs stroll around Idyllshire and Mor Dhona during the day, then they could do the same quite easily with one NPC in a house, and then have the NPC reset to a specific place when all "chores" are done.

Like for instance, the child could be dusting a shelf for you on their tippy-toes and using the standard NPC overhead speech bubble, then return to a set position when they want to interact with you, perhaps through the use of another type of NPC bell.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    They don't necessarily have to be walking everywhere in the house at any one given point. If they can make NPCs stroll around Idyllshire and Mor Dhona during the day, then they could do the same quite easily with one NPC in a house, and then have the NPC reset to a specific place when all "chores" are done.

Like for instance, the child could be dusting a shelf for you on their tippy-toes and using the standard NPC overhead speech bubble, then return to a set position when they want to interact with you, perhaps through the use of another type of NPC bell.
    Yes but Idyllshire and Mor Dhona aren't constantly changed unique player spaces. They'd have to let us set a path or do some tricky programming to recognize all the tricks some people use with furniture. I'm for the idea, I can just see it as being difficult having a mobile npc in the house that's not clipping through everything and randomly shooting up to the ceiling to feed the floating fish tank.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2