Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ludovic Lestrade
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    "...an' some even say that if ye venture out into North Thanalan in the black o' night, ye might run into Flame Sergeant Dalvag 'isself. Or at least... whatever's wearin' his skin..."

Oh, sod off. What're we, children 'round a bleedin' campfire?

That's what Ludovic thought to himself, trekking out into the dusty trails of Camp Bluefog. His mates from the Maelstrom were getting into the spirit of All Saint's Wake, and that meant only one thing: hackneyed horror stories, terrorising tales thrice-told. Ludovic was sick of them.

Arriving at an especially plentiful cobalt deposit, he hopped off his chocobo and reached for his tools, strapped to his companion's side. Without warning, however, Alfendi bucked towards him, and the sudden force sent Ludovic careening to the ground! "Ungh...! Oi! What do you think yer playin' at, ye useless pile o'..." Ludovic mumbled, brushing himself off. "Do that again an' I'll pluck all yer feathers, one by one!" Alfendi wasn't listening, though. Something had spooked him, but what?

"I don't have time for this," said Ludovic, grabbing his pickaxe before the chocobo could knock him down again. He made his way through the pea-soup fog and began to chip away.

Wait a moment. Pea-soup fog? It was meant to be fair skies today...

He sighed. Bloody weatherwatchers. They were getting worse at their job by the second. Still, he couldn't make exceptions for bad weather. Ludovic struck at the rock again and again, collecting what little scraps of cobalt ore he could find. All the while, Alfendi was uncharacteristically still. Usually the chocobo would pace, or scurry. Instead, he just stood. Stock still, unerring. Though he'd never admit it, Ludovic was starting to get nervous.

That's when he heard the whispering.

Ludovic froze. Were his ears playing tricks on him? He couldn't make out what exactly was said, but it sounded... bizarre. Eldritch. Like a chorus of voices, calling in unison. Suddenly, perfect clarity fell upon him.

"Oh, enough with this farce!" Ludovic yelled. "Rai! Alena! Carroway! I know yer out there!" He laughed anxiously. "Joke's over, alright? Get out 'ere!"

He waited.

Nothing.

So be it. If they were going to play that game, he wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Stone-faced and steely-eyed, he turned back to the cold rock and continued mining. It felt so much quieter, like the wind itself was in on the joke. Again, he heard the otherworldly whispering. It seemed louder this time, and it was getting louder still. It dawned on him that he could no longer hear Alfendi. Worse still, he could start to make out words.

Words like "hate", like "fury", "vengeance", "spite".

Words like "seize him".

Ludovic's eyes grew wide. Before he could move, he felt an icy grip on his shoulder; then another on his arm, his neck, his legs. Before he could scream, an inky tendril wrapped around his mouth. He felt a dozen frozen breaths against his skin.

Everything went black.

===========

Character name: Ludovic Lestrade
    World: Coeurl
    Prize: Chocobo Noble Barding
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lorcan Mccullum
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    This is really silly but I hope you enjoy it
    -----------------------------------------------------

Family Horrors

I was making my way down town, walking fast, lots of Miqo'te faces passed and I'm New Gridania bound. There was a chill in the air and people were crowding around the market stalls, purchasing all manner of items designed for All Saints' Wake. People with painted faces could be seen scurrying through the dimly lit, cobblestoned streets. It warmed my cold heart.

I decided to pick up something to eat on my walk back home. I continued onwards, picking at the food of my choice. Suddenly, a chill came over me. It was a feeling that I had had several times before. Right before something terrible would happen. But how could something terrible happen here, in New Gridania?

A shadow cast itself onto the floor, it stretched up from behind me. The figure was that of another Miqo’te and judging by the physique, likely female. I placed a hand on the dagger I always kept at my side and readied myself to turn. I considered dropping my food but if worse came to worst, I could throw it at them.

“Ayran!” A woman’s voice called out.

My mind pondered for a moment. I had heard the voice before. Who did it belong t-

Oh no.

This had to be trick! From the Scions? Of course it was, Thancred fancied such tricks. Because she couldn't be here... oh, why!?

“Ayran?” The voiced called again in a questioning tone.

"Mother!" I said as I turned to face her, forcing along with it a smile. She opened her arms for a hug and I begrudgingly obliged.

I didn’t even manage another word before she pulled away and smacked my head with the rolled up parchment in her hands. I flinched and put up my hands defensively as she continued on the offensive.

"Why do I have to come all the way down here just to see my son!?" She shouted, hitting me with the parchment after each word she spoke. A crowd of onlookers started to gather, many of them laughing as I, the Warrior of Light, stood cowering from my own Mother.

“Mo- Mother stop!” I pleaded, “I’ve been busy fighting Primal’s and saving Eorzea!”

“What’s more important, Eorzea or your Mother!?” She shot right back.

“Mother-” I began again before being interpreted once more.

“And you’re out dressed… like that! Wear a coat or you’ll catch a cold.”

“I’ve been to Ishgard, it’s much colder there.”

“And what have I told you about eating with you grubby hands!”

“But you always used to do it?”

“You do as I say, not as I do.” She said matter of factly, pointing a finger. “Now, come on, we have some catching up to do.”

She grabbed my hand and dragged me passed the crowed of giggling on-lookers. And as I sat there, enduring the torture of my worst fear and waiting for the stars to fade away into daylight, I knew that this was an All Saints’ Wake I’d never live down.

-----------------
    Character name: Ayran Reinthir
    World: Cerberus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riaru Yoru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The vampire who wanted milk

Once upon a time, there was a vampire girl who wanted change her bloodlust into something else. While she was a miqo'te among the living, unfortunately she never had a chance to drink any drop of milk. She had enough of the chasing the alive beings for their juice, so she truly want to change her drinking source. In a blink of an eye she run to a fishy fortune teller. The old lady got jealous of the forever lasting beauty, and decided she will lecture the blood drinking creature. With the hardness to hide her smile, the old one told The Legend of the Goat God, to her prey of lie.

" The Goat God can transform your curse my friend, but for this you must summon him. "

" The ritual needs an ancient relic, so hurry you must find it. "

" But not this is the hardest part! "

" To speak with the god, belive me or not, you must learn the goatian language, wich is more harder than Sophia X ! "

The vampire girl sadly looked through her own eyes, and thinked she might be tricked. The road is long and risky as the real age of this lady. Our liar continues...

" One of the goats phsyhic shield must be broken through with the power of your mental, to set your foot on the milk landmark. "

Day after day, night after night, not knowing given up, our vampress send her thoughts into many goats empty eyes. Sadly she must realise, the whole story is nothing more, just a big fat lie! The conclusion was the end of the fortune tellers life, whos blood was tastier than the sweatest apple pie!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character name: Riaru Yoru
    World: Odin
    Prize: Bluebird Earrings
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noriko Masuda
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Au Ra in Red

Character name: Noriko Masuda
    World: Jenova

A cold wind blew through the quiet streets of Aleport, a dense mist drenching the old stones in a pale moonlight. Popping her colar, Noriko moved quietly from alley to alley as she thanked the twelve for the waves' masking her footsteps. This job had given Noriko a run for her money already. It had begun when a merchant had approached her in Gridania; a middle-aged man who looked aged beyond his years. His hair was thin and nearly white from stress. His eyes sank into his face revealed many a sleepless night. The man had explained everything amidst nervous glances around him, as if something stalked him within his own shadow. He spoke of a woman in red who spread misery in her wake. For weeks she had trailed her, and here they were, the woman was an Au Ra, clad in a red dress. Her long, blonde hair falling down her shoulders and hiding her face. She had left the local tavern a few minutes ago and roamed the streets aimlessly.

With each step they took the wind bit harder into Noriko's face. An unnatural tension filled the air, making her look over her shoulder often as the scarce street-lamps caused her shadow to dance. A couple minutes later the woman found her way onto a ferry. Exchanging but a nod with the skipper she got on and they sailed quietly. Cursing her luck Noriko rushed to find a small, wooden boat and hoped she could row fast enough to keep up with.

The boat ride was rather short, soon Noriko reached a small island with the Isles of Umbra in the background. As Noriko stepped onto dry land, the hair on her tail stood up. The waves' murmur sounded like an unsettling lullaby. The air felt heavy and the land itself seemed to watch her every move. As she approached the ferry, she found no one inside, nor the Au Ra, nor the skipper.

Noriko's ears twitched as she felt a presence looming behind her. Turning around she found a derelict cottage close-by, she was just as alone as when she had arrived. The door opened with a loud creaking sound. Inside, a dusty and empty room awaited her, but Noriko felt her breath grow shorter, a sense of dread and fear washed over her. The presence from before was close, too close. She felt a faint breath on her neck and spun around, stumbling against the table. The Au Ra stood at the door, her golden hair covering her face. The Au Ra approached silently as Noriko tried to move, but her legs did not obey. The Au Ra stopped next to Noriko and time seemed to stop. The Au Ra grabbed Noriko's shoulders and lifted her head in a sudden movement.

A powerful wave crashed against the island's rocks, drowning a shriek of horror. A lone Miqo'te, clad in red made her way onto an old boat, as the fog began to lift.
    (1)
    Time to execute Eorzea's Yuri Unification Plan!

Player
    Character
    Masha Fashonti
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Character name: Masha Fashonti
    World: Phoenix
    Prize: Mandragora Choker

Of Curious Cats

A small Beady Eye flies through the night, searching the many houses of the Mist for the right one. Finally, it arrives at the one it was looking for. It hovers in the air, leathery wings beating rapidly as it tries to figure out how to get inside.

Yonah steps out of her office to walk downstairs, tiredly rubbing the bridge of her nose. All evening she had been looking at papers on the disappearance of one of her Company’s members.

Weeks ago Masha went into Haukke Manor, searching the place for some highly sought after pots of Fine Wax and Varnish for the renovations of her own little Cottage in the Goblet. Nobody has seen or heard of her since. Rumours say there are still Voidsent haunting the place, but none of the scout teams that Yonah sent out have brought back any valuable information.

As the tired Company leader steps through of the door of their headquarters to return to her own home, something small smacks her in the face and gets caught in her robes and long hair.

“What!? By the Twelve what is…”

While still trying to disentangle herself whatever is was disappears in a puff of smoke. Only a scrap piece of parchment remains. Confused and warily looking around, she bends down to pick it up from the doorstep.

Only a sentence is scribbled on the paper: "Curiosity killed the cat? Maybe the Twin Adders will know. I hear they have a new portrait in their halls."

All thought of a long bath and soft pillows forgotten, Yonah teleports to Gridania in haste. As she arrives at her Grand Company the night guard salutes the First Serpent Lieutenant with confused expressions.

“At ease!” Yonah barks. “A portrait. Have your men received a portrait today?”

“Uhh, yes ma’am! A strange women left it at the White Wolf gate just a few hours ago, saying it was a gift for the Seedseer. We planned on delivering it to her tomorrow. There is something strange going on with it…”

“Let me see it!”

“What? But..:”

“Now!”

Hesitantly the soldier beckons Yonah to follow him to the barracks. In one of the side rooms a large frame covered with a cloth lay on a table.

As they step closer, Yonah notices how the guard pushes himself behind her, almost scared. She frowns, looking at his worried expression, then at the covered painting.

As they get even closer, she could hear whispers, faint, like the wind blowing through the cracks of the training hall. Her breath catches. She knows that voice! With trepidation shaking her hands, she pulls the cloth off the picture.

It is Masha. Yonah can only stare at the painting before her, listening to the panicked whispers coming from within.

"What? Why do I... feel... so faint... I thought these halls were... empty... No... what is happening... Someone... anyone...!"

(2)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Rubylight
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Character name: Carbuncle Rubylight
    World: Masamune
    Prize: Chocobo noble barding

=====================================================

The story of little Ruby riding hood

All saints wake is one of little rubys favourite festivals. Not only does she get to visit haunted manors and eat as many candies as she can, but it is the time she gets a visit from her grandma. Grandma ruby always brings with her many gifts, but the thing little ruby enjoys the most is her grandmas special roast mystery meat. As the name implies the ingredients is a secret!

This year however, little ruby hadnt heared from grandma at all and was starting to get worried. Plus she was really looking forward to grandmas special dinner. Grandma ruby has always warned little ruby to never cross the thick forest to visit her as the forests are dangerous and packed with wild creatures including savage wolves. Even so, little ruby was really worried (and a bit hungry), so without hesitation, little ruby set across the forest.

As little ruby was journeying through the thick forest, it become to get darker and she was aware of someone following her. Before she could even turn back, she saw the largest monster running towards her! It was as her grandma had warned her. Wolf!
    Little red was so scared she couldnt even move, and all she could do was close her eyes and wait her fate, but then she heard a howl,..

'Pls plsss help me little girl' cried the wolf,..

Little ruby was abit speechless,.. "excuse me, did you say something"

"Save me from this mad woman, take me somewhere safe" cried the wolf again,..

Little ruby thought for a moment and remembered grandma ruby telling her stories of cunning wolves luring innocent childrens to their deaths so she replies,..

"Do you take me for a fool. I may look naive but im not falling for your tricks"

But before little ruby could even finish her sentence she heard a familiar sounding voice coming from afar screaming aloud, but getting nearer,..

"Grandma is that you??

It was in fact grandma!

"What are you doing here little ruby? Didnt i tell you to stay out of the woods? Anyway have you seen a plump looking wolf running around here?

The wolf was no where to be seen,..

"Grandma, why are you chasing wolves in the middle of time night, i thought you said they were dangerous?"

Shoot! I let him get away again! Im running abit late this year. I was having so much fun in one of those haunted manors that i lost all track of time, plus those ghouls kept turning me into a pumpkin!

"That doesnt explain why youre chasing after wolves grandma"

"Oh my dearest, where else can i find the most juicy and tenderest meat for our dinner tonight? Now come along and help me hunt this thing,.."

('O') "you mean your secret recipe is,........

(0)

twitter@toycarbuncle

Player
    Character
    Kyru Celeste
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

31st Sun of the Fifth Umbral Moon

1) Character Name: Kiruru Seles
    2) World Name: Phoenix
    3) Choice of Prize: Chocobo Noble Barding

Distant screams echoed throughout the darkness, getting louder and more intoxicatingly thick with each second that passed. My small, shaking body felt as if it was being dragged from my temporary sanctuary. The screams were slowly becoming looped whispers inside my head, my name arising from the countless voices overlapping each other. My head was pounding against my skull, I had to close my eyes. For what seemed like an eternity, for as long as I can remember, I have been held prisoner. My body forced itself to use my powers for naught, whilst my mind battled every second against it.

‘Embrace!’ The voices shrieked, demanding me to obey. For what seemed like an eternity, that same word has been hammered inside my head over and over and over again, without rest. My heart began to pound inside my chest, and my eyes became wide with terror and deranged with sights from my past, from before my soul was chained.

I see a flicker of light green light from the corner of my eye, as I always do before my body pulls against me such as this. I force my weight towards the light, reaching out to try and reach it, but the pull was too strong and I snapped back into place, causing me to cry with pain.

‘No, not this time,’ I mutter as my body disappeared from the isolated darkness.
    I had a sister once, the voices roared; a reminder. A sister whom represented nothing but sunlight and warmth. I felt an agitated twitch inside my chest. My body cracked into the open of an on-going battlefield. I had been summoned.

My ‘owner’ yelled for me to embrace her allies, to heal their wounds, which I had been doing for what felt like an eternity. The blood-red moon hung low in the night’s sky. Tonight was different. My body felt free surrounded by all of the lush trees stained with metallic blood. I was no longer bound.

A ghastly grin spread across my face, and a sour chuckle emitted from my lips as my arm rose high above my head. I stared at my owner, and her eyes were wide with fright.

The battlefield burst with topaz and purple energy, and within seconds, the chaotic battle-cries were silenced. A lone, glowing faerie fluttered alone, surrounded by countless bodies.

Beware, for eerie phenomena occur on the 31st Sun of the Fifth Umbral Moon.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Kaida Xiao'long
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60

Fantasia - Hauntingly Beautiful

Fantasia - Hauntingly Beautiful

Name: Kaida Xiao'long
    World: Lich
    Prize: Ahriman Choker

_____

"Did you ever wonder what happens to your previous form? Your previous body when you use Fantasia? You go to sleep, and awaken anew. Don't believe anything that seems too good to be true."

Kaida had always had it. Since birth, her eyes had been mismatched. One was a deep red, and the other was a rather clashing cloudy white. It was believed that she was blind in that eye, a complication during the birth process, but Kaida had always known better. That eye of hers saw more than the normal naked eye could ever see. It saw people's Aether.

It didn't take long until she took after her parent's footsteps and became an adventurer, specifically, taking up the sword and shield. Even joining a Free Company, something that she never thought she'd end up doing. The gift that her eye granted upon her stayed throughout her adult life. She'd occasionally see the odd little glimpse of something out of the ordinary, but that wasn't much. When it really started, however, was when...

Fantasia! The miracle potion that took Eorzea by storm! People were going crazy at the markets, everyone wanted to be something they weren't. It was crazy, mothers turning into fathers, brothers turning into sisters, wives turning into husbands. It seemed perfect to the common gaze, but the effects were everlasting. Be it physically, mentally, or even towards the ones you love.

Though, not everything was perfect. Something as mystical as Fantasia had to have it's side effects... They wouldn't label the side effects on the bottle because they could get away with it. Who would use their product if they knew the hidden side effects? Well, no one would know, except a select few. Kaida was one of those few.

What do they see, you ask? It's simple, in the Aether that surrounds you, are the spirits that you forced out. The bodies that previously stood in your place, now follow you. Those spirits are you. Or rather, the previous versions of you, the people you left behind. The versions of you that are lost to time. The unfortunate ones can hear their cries for help, feel their pain, their sorrow.

Kaida simply sees them, their cries for help fall upon deaf ears.

"You listened to my ramblings. I assume it's because, somewhere deep down, you feel it. You've overindulged Fantasia too, haven't you? I can see them. The people that were before you, the people who's lives were lost. They are suffering. Though, I'm sure you'll be with them soon enough."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kei Tsukimori
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

The Collective Unconscious

Character Name: Kei Tsukimori
    World: Cerberus
    Prize: Scarf of Wondrous Wit

The Collective Unconscious

Fate

Glassy eyes downcast, azure hues reflecting in the shimmering surface of the waters.

A merciless thing

Something that he had realized very quickly within his trade, it would show no mercy as it ran its course through one’s life.

He heard footsteps coming up behind him, ears coloured like the darkest of nights twitched in response to the sound, he turned his face to the side, azure orbs lighting up as a soft smile settled on his features.

A female hyur lowered herself next to him.

She said nary a word other than a smile in response to his, they proceeded to sit in comfortable silence. She gazed towards the heavens, tracing the stars with her soft, beautiful brown orbs.

Moonlight lit up both of their features, enhancing their eyes, azure and brown, both stared heavensward.

He understood her clear interest for the stars, through them, he could see things that which others could not. Both of them sat like that for a while, admiring the skies, azure eyes growing ever so unfocused as time passed.

And then he could see.

Fate

A glimpse of scarlet.
    Liquid flowing among the cracks of cold, hard, stone.

Fear

It echoed throughout his very being. There’s something behind him, why can’t he move. Why can he de naught but move forward with tiring steps.

Help

Salty liquid flowed from brown eyes filled with fear, he did not know what to do, where to go. What could he do.

I’m scared

Forlorn, that’s how he felt, pitiful, sad, abandoned. Nobody would be there to save him. They had abandoned him.

Make it stop

A hoarse scream echoed throughout, deep, dark tunnels as he felt a searing pain throughout the entirety of his back.

A glimpse of scarlet

He didn’t understand, couldn’t understand.
    Why, why, why, why, why, why.
    Why is this happening?
    Why is this going to happen.
    Why can’t he change anything?

Bones crashing asunder

Pain wracked throughout his body, everything burned, everything hurt, the screams had stopped as he just laid there, empty.

Souls writhing in agony

She couldn’t rest, why couldn’t she rest. Wasn’t everything supposed to end? A shambling husk deep within dark, cursed halls, lost to the ages. There was no reprieve, no safe-haven. Everlasting torment would be her calling.

Her fate

He let out a soft gasp as reality dawned on him once more.

He was still here, sitting, in silence, alone. He stood up and looked around him wildly. She was gone, bright, brown eyes, that adored the stars, just like he, filled with fear and agony.

It was cruel, so very cruel.

Yet, despite all his wishes, there would be naught he could do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    L'oneya Mjuff
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 60

The Moogle

Character: L'oneya Mjuff
    Server: Moogle
    Prize: Bluebird Earrings
    Note: Entry heavily inspired by 'The Raven' by Edgar Allan Poe.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once upon a midnight dreary, after dungeon runs, tired and weary,
    Drawn many a quaint and curious volume tomes of Lore-
    Getting sleepy, tired of duty, questing hard for loot of beauty,
    I intended to brew tea, brew tea which spilled on the mansion floor.
    "'Tis some pity," I muttered, "brewed tea on my mansion floor -
    "Only this and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak November;
    And light from each separate ember revealed dolls spread on the floor.
    A fit I had earlier thrown;-across the mansion my plushes flown.
    Now there suddenly was a groan-groan from other side the door
    A voiceless sound spoken by someone on the other side the door
    Nameless here for evermore.

And I gazed 'hind the curtain, albeit reasons remain uncertain
    Thrill filled me, the voice was closer than before;
    So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
    "Let not be a marlboro entreating entrance at my mansion door-
    'Tis just some lalafell entreating entrance at my mansion door;-
    This is it and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
    "Hydaelyn" said I, "your blessings I now implore;
    protect your children whom are weak, let no monster havoc wreak.
    Remove the voices I hear from beyond my mansion door,
    That I scarce was sure I heard."-and here I slam open the door;-
    Darkness there and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
    Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
    But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
    And the only word there spoken was the whispered creaking floor,
    The whispers of an ancient mansion, and its echoes of yore.
    Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me churning,
    Soon my ears picked up a cry somewhere other than before;
    'Come day I would not give fright, but this was in the deepest night.
    I steeled myself with might, with this I thereby swore;
    "No mystery outside my window too eerie not to explore;-
    'Tis the wind and nothing more!"

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
    In there stepped a stately demon, purple wings he bore;
    Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
    A wild mess made he; knocking down all I care for-
    But, with some demeanour, flew up above my chamber door—
    Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this white devil beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
    With its fancy whiskers, and bright pom-poms it wore,
    "Though thy have dismayed me in my haven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
    I am no devil maven, but alas thine fluffy fur I do adore-
    Pray tell me what thy lordly name is, oh creature I now adore!"
    Quoth the Moogle "Kupopo!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1)
    You don't need grammar when talking about cheese.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast