Player
    Character
    Vaen Tribal
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 82

Please never abolish teleporting!

I'm not even going to dignify that other thread with a response that would bump it, so I'm starting my own.

Teleporting is EXTREMELY useful when trying to form a group; after waiting a half hour for that 4th person for Toto-rak Dungeon I need to get my group there as quick as possible so we can finish the dungeon before someone has to leave.

I can only imagine that it's even more essential for getting high-level dungeon/stronghold groups going without wasting any time on traveling through areas you've already been to.

-Teleportation DOESN'T take away from exploration since you need to explore and travel to Aetherytes to unlock them.

I would argue that teleportation with Anima actually IMPROVES exploration since you can get to faraway, unexplored places faster and then find new places, instead of running around the same area near your home point all the time.

-Teleportation DOESN'T make the MMO shorter. It does make it better though.

Teleportation gets me to the places relevant to me, so I spend more time playing and enjoying an MMO instead of autorunning along a long, boring path while watching Netflix to avoid driving myself crazy. It actually lengthens the amount of time I actually spend PLAYING the MMO. It keeps me interested in the game and makes the game more accessible to a larger audience, which will contribute to its success.

If you ran out of content in this MMO, it's not because of teleporting. It might be because of powerleveling, or it might be because you've been playing it for many hours and months and possibly years. I've played FFXIV for almost 2 months now and barely scratched the surface of everything I can do in this game, even though I use teleport plenty.

I'm usually sitting at 50-75 Anima at any given time so I don't even use teleport that often, but it's clear to me how useful and great it is for this game.

If you don't like it, don't use it, or go play FFXI
    (13)
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1524546/

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    There will always be teleport in one form or another, so don't worry.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Choyi Baeldurn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaen View Post

-Teleportation DOESN'T take away from exploration since you need to explore and travel to Aetherytes to unlock them.
    Players shouldn't be able to be teleported to a crystal they have not yet discovered themselves, currently you can get teleported anywhere by hitchign a ride with someone else's teleport.

I'm usually sitting at 50-75 Anima at any given time so I don't even use teleport that often, but it's clear to me how useful and great it is for this game.
    I don't mind teleports personaly, I just dislike anima as a currency for it.
    I'd much more prefer teleports be accessed from NPCs in cities and camps and use up gils(we do need gil sinks badly still) or seals or any other form of farmable currency.

Currently you always seem to be out of anima when you need it the most and when you don't need it you sit at cap wasting it.

If you run out of anima for whatever reason you have two options, either don't play while waiting for anima, or "autorunning along a long, boring path while watching Netflix".

Being able to gain, stock and spend teleportation currency at you own leasiure would make for a far better and enjoyable system.

If you don't like it, don't use it, or go play FFXI
    That's a bit of an extreme now, not liking a part of the game means thoose people should quit?
    (0)
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Player
    Character
    Vaen Tribal
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 82
    *Maybe* they should get rid of the ability to hitch teleport rides to Aetherytes you havent been to yet, or make that more expensive/costly. But thats totally different from saying they should get rid of the teleport/anima system entirely.

And I'm not saying people should quit if they don't like teleporting, I'm just saying that FFXI has the long travel times and relatively limited amount of teleporting, so maybe it's a game better suited to their play style.

Or, y'know, they could play FFXIV and just not use teleport.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vaen; 03-12-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1524546/

Player

I don't mind if teleportation is in the game, I do mind that ANIMA is in the game.

also ffxi != ffxiold
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Choyi Baeldurn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    *Maybe* they should get rid of the ability to hitch teleport rides to Aetherytes you havent been to yet, or make that more expensive/costly. But thats totally different from saying they should get rid of the teleport/anima system entirely.

And I'm not saying people should quit if they don't like teleporting, I'm just saying that FFXI has the long travel times and relatively limited amount of teleporting, so maybe it's a game better suited to their play style.

Or, y'know, they could play FFXIV and just not use teleport.
    I like and want to keep teleportation in the game, I just want to see the anima system go away in favor for a better one.
    Not being able to get more of it other then waiting for it, all anima does is limit how and when people can play and that's never a good thing.

And about XI, its actualy easier to teleport and travel around the world in that game then it is in XIV.
    In XI you have outpost warps where you can spend gil to teleport to and from camps you "discovered"(after doing a supply quest), and you have NPCs that offer teleportation between some major cities as well castable teleportation spells and items.

In XI you had more freedom in terms of traveling, in XIV youre restricted to a resource that you can't increase on your own.
    (0)
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    I don't mind if teleportation is in the game, I do mind that a class who teleport exclusively is in the game.
    fixed. I don't really want teleport to be exclusive of a class
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doho Fiasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    my stance on teleporting:

don't remove anima. make less teleport points. chocoboing/exploring IS fun. creates more of a sense of adventure. Have a few spots for convenience, but remove several, if not all nodes.
    (0)
    "Unbelievable wipes... indescribable failings. Whining, bitching, rage quitting - through an endless party find." - Doho, A Whole New Whorl

Player

Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    fixed. I don't really want teleport to be exclusive of a class
    Huh I don't wan't a class either that teleports. It worked in XI because you couldn't change jobs unless you were in a mog house. It would be worse than anima
    (0)