Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    Cannot have subscriber-only streams I imagine, and SE doesn't want people watching the stream for free.
    Even though it was being re-broadcast and being watched for free anyway? I basically paid for a minion beause cleng was just not good at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chalyss Hearthglenne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings, everyone!

First, let me apologize for the delay in making the archive of the second day of the show available on Fan Festival 2016 in Las Vegas stream archive page. We’re reaching out to the companies and teams involved to ensure that we can get this resolved quickly so that you’ll all be able to access the archive.

Also, I wanted to briefly touch on the comments asking why we opted to use a new platform for the Fan Festival in Las Vegas stream compared to 2014. Without going into too many details, there were several technical hurdles that prevented us from utilizing other online platforms. As such, we chose to go with the platform that was able to accommodate our needs as closely as possible.

We’ll follow-up as soon as the issue with the 2nd day archive has been resolved!
    Last I recall, outsourcing a thing to a third party and expecting them to do a good job without supervision is how we ended up with XIV 1.0. Seriously, XIV developers pay such amazing attention to UI in-game, but out-of-game UI (specifically the payment interface which is eight levels of horrible) and event streaming playback are incredibly sub-par.
    (0)

Greetings,

I'm pleased to say that we have been able to update the archived video page to make it much easier to select the portion of the show you'd like to watch! We're continuing to work with our partners to ensure that we correct any small portions of the footage that is missing in-between the transitions to the next video.

We once again would like thank everyone for their patience and feedback as we continue to improve the quality of the Fan Festival 2016 in Las Vegas archive.
    (11)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Kyett Corbeau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EinherjarLucian View Post
    Last I recall, outsourcing a thing to a third party and expecting them to do a good job without supervision is how we ended up with XIV 1.0. Seriously, XIV developers pay such amazing attention to UI in-game, but out-of-game UI (specifically the payment interface which is eight levels of horrible) and event streaming playback are incredibly sub-par.
    The payment interface is actually pretty typical of Japanese web design.
    I mean, it's still ass-backward, but I wouldn't assume the people responsible aren't experienced designers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azula Skye
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Spune View Post
    Thats where I am as well, I spent $45 (CDN) on a stream that never worked at all. Their system tells me that I do not have a ticket, on friday night their support told me they are looking into it. I have not heard back yet which is awesome since, fanfest is over.

They did say that I will get to watch the archive version (assuming they get it working at some point) but really what's the point when I had to read everything on reddit anyway. The concerts will be fun the watch but really I missed the meat of the stream.
    I thought I would update my post here in case in can help anyone in the future. I received access to the archive on Wed, 5 days after the start of FF and 3 days after everything was over. When I attempted to request a refund I could find none of the "request refund" links anywhere in my account (yes I followed instructions on their site) so I thought I would wait for their support to come through.Well by the time they did get me access it was after their time to request a refund (which is 2 days after the event ends). So at this point I got screwed by their poor website and slow support system.

Needless to say I am VERY unhappy and I would recommend that SE not use Cleeng in the future and that no one buy the live stream due to Cleeng being involved.

On the plus side I received my items and emails from SE exactly as promised so I got a $45 minion and glamour. Wooo I guess
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chalyss Hearthglenne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Towards the middle of the Letter LIVE, there was a question about healers in cutscenes. The video cuts off right during that question, and the part 2 of the video picks up after the answer. Can we get that missing segment and what the answer was?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tomac Eagleborne
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Towards the middle of the Letter LIVE, there was a question about healers in cutscenes. The video cuts off right during that question, and the part 2 of the video picks up after the answer. Can we get that missing segment and what the answer was?
    I think the jist of that was basically that the response to "Since I'm a healer, I should be able to cure/raise/esuna NPCs" was a flat "No, because plot reasons".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi...94869?t=21m43s
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celie Lothaire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptomon View Post
    I think the jist of that was basically that the response to "Since I'm a healer, I should be able to cure/raise/esuna NPCs" was a flat "No, because plot reasons".
    Yes and no.

As linked by Dustytome (for anyone who for whatever reason can't watch the link) they basically talk about wanting to factor in what job you are playing into the MSQ for quest decisions, but also that if for "plot reasons" a character needs to leave the story then "No, because plot reasons" takes precedence, because they don't want one player to have NPCs alive that others don't just because they happened to be playing it with a particular job that can heal/cast raise.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    J'azih Dahj
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Is anyone else's archived footage still playing up? I can't seem to seek in the video to find the content I want. It just buffers for a few seconds and continues playing from the same point it was before I.E. the beginning of the video. This is in the segment containing the lore panel footage.
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast