Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    most of that content is so easy now, because everyone has highest lv/stats for the content, so most of the time you can skip mechanics
    Like Diablos fight, when it was new, you had to do memory game with the doors, and avoid his AOE, now you can just burn him down before he casts it. the only thing you need to think about, is to stun his sleep.
    but i might not remember the full fights on top of my head, but as soon as i see a mechanic, i'm like, right, i remember, and react,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    What are you even talking about? Not doing DF, because you could potentially screw up? It's a game. Try to just have fun and not deliberately kill your party. There. Problem solved.

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to sound rude. It's just that the elitism (being hostile to others because the play the game without watching everything on YouTube first or whatever) needs to stop, along with people like us being "too scared" to do content.

Been in the same noat, really, but I don't care anymore. Don't get me wrong. I practice my rotations (to a degree), I apologise if I screw up, but I won't let other people take the fun away from me. And you shouldn't, either. Just play the game and have fun.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lady Zelda
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 82
    After doing those dungeons on so many jobs - the what is coming just becomes natural to me.

Oh the Ice elementals are going to be spawning through the window here.

Oh there's a secret chest behind the wall before you get to the boss, you just need to clear the two adds.

It's all just coordination by that point on lol.
    It just happens.

Psst but honestly don't be afraid to mess up. Just say oh man i forgot how this dungeon works but i'll do my best. Just sliding something like that in is good so if you go the wrong way someone can help you or not get mad. Cause you can say well i said i didn't remember sorry etc. lol

Ohh here is a story of me derping:
    Yesterday I went to help a friend clear Sophia Normal. And I was like ahh it's gonna be easy cause I farm Ex but GEEZ. Everything was so backwards that I died so much. The other healer didn't say a word to me but I was so embarrassed. At the end I apologized and gave her/him a com but she told me that people also have this trouble and die. On normal too. so not to worry. But I still >.< So i know how you feel.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirakumi; 10-16-2016 at 02:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leowald Chestwood
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I just do. One run is enough to imprint the dungeon in my mind even for months without visiting it. No I don't have incredible memory skills. It just works great for games and other "not so useful things for real life" things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyuuen Queles
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Because most Boss fights can be broken down as follows:

1. Avoid AoE
    2. Kill Adds
    3. Kill Boss

That is the typical priority, though that can shifted around to ignoring AoE, ignoring adds, etc etc. Most added things are minor for the most part, and as others mentioned just comes down to muscle memory.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Don't remember everything, just remember wipe causing mechanics
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Luna Nattvind
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Personally I watch videos twice ot thrice to learn serious fights so that I have a general idea. Then with practice and repetition (because you are going to repeat end-game content). There is no worry about learning 2.0 content as you are not likely going to replay the 50 instances ever again after you are done with the 2.0 content (which you can easily get carried through by unsynched players.). No need to feel worried as the only content you really need to remember are raid and EX trial ones as everything else is very forgivable.
    (0)
    Learn, explore, and think for yourself. Make your choices, take actions, and let yourself be free.

Player
    Character
    Alexander Dragonfang
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Trash pull 1.
    Trash pull 2.
    Optional Trash Pull 3.
    Boss 1. --> High end mechanics from previous raids dumbed down. Optional add phase.
    Trash pull 1.
    Trash Pull 2.
    Optional Trash pull 3.
    Boss 2. --> High end mechanics from previous raids dumbed down. Optional add phase.
    Trash Pull 1.
    Trash pull 2.
    Optional Trash pull 3
    Final Boss. --> High end mecanics from previous raids dumbed down. Optional add phase.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    There isn't really that much. There's so many mechanics that are so similar to one another it's really easy to group them together.

Many dungeons feature a prey mechanic which can usually be passed to the tank. While the yeah are all slightly different they are all dealt with in much the same way.

Or fights where things drop or have statues usually something involves hiding behind them.

It's a lot easier to remember types of mechanic than remember each one specificly
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiriah Aishi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Payadopa View Post
    I'm sorry. Didn't mean to sound rude. It's just that the elitism (being hostile to others because the play the game without watching everything on YouTube first or whatever) needs to stop, along with people like us being "too scared" to do content.
    I've been very skittish about doing new content because of an elitist remark directed at me all the way back at the release of Syrcus Tower. I got insulted and kicked because I didn't know how to do Scylla by the second day and no one would explain. I suppose there was also the time the party attacked me for not knowing Titan Story Mode because they wouldn't explain anything despite me being new.

Honestly, I just need to suck it up and go. I still haven't done A2 or Sophia yet, so you know what? SCREW IT I'M DOING IT ALL TODAY.
    (2)
    Violyre Plays FFXIV!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvwF1ELv6j4LrErSQ5EIbPap2wwRcM4oH

Remember all of those things that people said would kill the game? Yeah. I'm compiling a list.
    The Many Deaths of FFXIV: A Historical Thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/198895-The-Many-Deaths-of-Final-Fantasy-XIV

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast