Character
    Argogo Taz
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35

gathering or crafting for new player

Hello,

I just play the game recently and my Dragoon is lv34 now.
    I would like to start looking on the gathering or crafting class. which one shall i start first?

any guide for the gathering or crafting class best for DSP role?

Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The most efficient method is to pick up all of them and level them together in parallel. You will come across recipes which need items that are gathered or synthesised by various other classes, and having them all leveled yourself will ensure that you can continue without needing to buy the materials from other players. You will also be to share skills unlocked at certain levels to all the other classes. Since you started in Gridania, try unlocking the carpenter, leatherworker and botany classes there to begin with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Dragoon generally benefit from carpenter for weapons, armorsmith for armor, and goldsmith for accessories. Leatherworker is also recommended to supplement and support the mats you need for armorsmith and carpenter. You also benefit from mining and botany to gather materials for those weapons.

That said, if you are crafting, you will want to level all crafting classes. This is because their cross-class skills greatly complement each other and ensure more reliable HQ. This gives you better items, at a cheaper cost, and without needing to rely on RNG. Most players level crafters all at once, although I would recommend you start out by leveling all crafters to 15, for the first set of cross-class skills. Having access to those first set will greatly improve your success rate and guarantee at least an 80% chance to HQ an item.

I would suggest you at least finish the lv.41 quest: In Pursuit of the Past first, before pursuing a crafter/gatherer class. This will let you access the Ixali Beast Tribe quests, which can greatly speed up your leveling for crafters and reduce your gil costs for leveling a crafter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Argogo Taz
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Thank you, Rufalus and Anova advice!
    I will leveling to lv50 and then go back to on the crafting
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Crafting for Beginner's:
    First get all your crafters to 15 to gain access to all basic cross crafting skills.
    Then get them all to 50 (CUL and GSM 53) to gain access to full set cross class crafting skills. These skills allow you to reliably make HQ items with NQ materials.

Crafting is expensive, you pay with time or GIL.
    Lower Gil with higher time, if you gather your own materials.
    Truck loads more Gil, with way less time, if you buy your materials. Many, many base materials can be purchase from in game vendors at significantly lower prices than the Market Board.
    Do the Beast Tribes to unlock additional vendors and materials.

To assist in your crafter leveling the Ixal Beast Tribe is available after completing the quest In Pursuit of the Past.
    It unlocks the quest A Bad Bladder. This is available after lv41.

To further assist you, Moogle Beast Tribe is available after completing the quest Laying the First Brick.
    It unlocks the quest Tricks and Stones. This is available after lv53 but most people just do after having a DoW at 60.

DoW Gil Guide, you need GIL to pay for your crafting. At least until you have the skills to make items HQ that population wants to buy from you.

Caimie's Crafting Guide something every craft should read at least once.
    Crafting simulator for practising different rotations without burning your materials
    Unspoiled Nodes for end game gathering.
    Emphemial Nodes gathering rotation.
    Gear Guide for end game crafting.
    Fisher Reference.
    Desynthesis Guide

Crafting Rotations follow some basis rules:
    1. The opener, Comfort Zone, Inner Quiet.
    Each successful quality touch will increase your Inner Quiet stacks. Each increase makes you a stronger quality crafter. Inner Quiet has no effect on completion.

2. Get your completion to within one Careful Synthesis / Careful Synthesis II of 100%.
    Using skills such Muscle Memory, Piece by Piece or Rapid Synthesis for very large completion gains. These are needed for high level crafting.

3. Use skills to restore/conserve your CP.
    Comfort Zone, costs 66 but over 10 steps, restores 80, thus, +14 effect.
    Hasty Touch and Rapid Synthesis, costs 0 CP as the expense of RNG.
    Tricks of the Trade, restores 20 CP for each use.

4. Use skills to buff your skills.
    Steady Hand (22 CP), Steady Hand II (25 CP), increase reliablitiy of your actions.
    E.g. Pop Steady Hand II, the use Hasty Touch mutliple times. This will give you an 80% success rate on 5 quality touches costing 0 CP.
    Great Strides doubles your next touch effectiveness.
    Innovation increases your skill for up to 3 touches.

Ineguity II is generally only required for crafts above your own level.
    E.g. Lv60** or Lv60*** crafts

5. Use skills to restore/conserve your Durabitliy.
    Masters Mend, Masters Mend II, Manipulation, Waste Not, Waste Not II
    For Durability 70/80 crafts, Master Mend II is the most efficient.
    For Durabiltiy 35/40 crafts, Manipulation is most efficient, followed very closely by Masters Mend.

6. The quality finisher for post lv50 crafting, you have many, many Inner Quiet stacks built up, time to use Byregot's Blessing/Brow for a hugh quality jump.
    E.g. SH2, Ingenuity II, Innovation, Basic Touch, Great Strides, Byregot's Blessing.
    I use this as the finisher for macro crafting. As it prevents the possibilty of getting a Poor condition on for the Byregot's touch.
    E.g.
    /ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.3>
    /ac "Ingenuity II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Byregot's Brow"
    /ac "Innovation" <wait.3>
    /ac "Byregot's Blessing"
    /ac "Careful Synthesis II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Careful Synthesis II" <wait.3>
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Argogo Taz
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    Thanks, ChameleonMS!

Your information very helpful to meand i had book marked this page =)
    (0)