Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Housing could have been way more amazing if they took their time creating it instead of rushing it out just because ppl wanted it RIGHT NOW!

I mean housing would be waaaaay better if we had a system like this whish is one of the most enjoyable housing experiences, annnnnnd everyone gets a home, actually up to I think 40 if they want... soooo...

Be warned, this will really make you HATE ffxiv housing and all its restrictions and makes-no-sense rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPkYBEwjnKc

and then you take that system and you allow pvp inside and you get the hilarity of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46cOuENuTE

But seriously, housing in ffxiv is crazy bad, so many flat surfaces we can set nothing on, so many restrictions on what can be done inside and out.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ariwin Damodred
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    I would LOVE having more indoor furniture with tabletop function - Just imagine the cafes we could create for our FCs!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AriwinDamodred View Post
    I would LOVE having more indoor furniture with tabletop function - Just imagine the cafes we could create for our FCs!
    Yup, yup. I'd love to make a jazz bar with a "band" on the stage with some of the manor musical furniture...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Shamelessly refreshing my own thread, I want to put my Lalafell vendors on a stool like this:

More furniture should have the tabletop attribute for this to happen!
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Yet another shameless bump. When can we make "Rise of the Popotoes" a reality?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sokhatai Tohka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Why this feature has not appeared yet is for reasons of immersion. SE and the FF franchise place high importance on the immersiveness of their games. From simulated housing wards and actual "neighborhoods" over purely instanced housing, from making interiors of houses (which are technically instances) spatially realistic to their exterior correspondent positions, these almost "wasteful" insisting of plainness, normal-ness, are actually core ideals of the game's design. Even by observations of the winners from past interior furnishing contests, the best received entries (officially) are not the ones most original, or flamboyant, or creative, but the ones which look like they could almost have been "canon", actual houses of people living in Eorzea. Just nice, plain, and generally nice. Thus SE would never allow a feature which would undoubtedly cause more harm than good to this cohesion of immersion, and that is why using furniture irregularly and "non-realistically" like making weird towers and stacking them is not very encouraged, and thus a feature enabling that is not a priority. I am sorry.

Japanese culture places great emphasis on order, cohesion, and it would just be natural for this to be reflected in the philosophies of their cultural products. While I can understand you made your suggestion on best intentions and sincere hope of improvement for the game, I personally think the current housing system already allows for elegant and refined decoration of a house, and while I cannot dictate how other players would like to play their game, it would still be better that a feature is only made playable after it has been better designed to be as polished, graceful, and positively an improvement for the game before simply introducing it for the sake of being introduced.

Thus I hope you will continue to support FFXIV housing with the enthusiasm and passion that all who would like to see it improved, do. As I said, a feature like this is not impossible, just not yet ready to be released as is. Other features and ideas for improvement are still being considered and their possibilities explored ... perhaps in the future, in some other form, your wish may come true ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Raqrie_Tohka; 09-11-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    If they'd just give us an advanced menu that let us manually adjust the placement numbers and add an option to it to unglue things from the floor that'd be great. We know from the glitches that the game is saving x, y, z as well as all the angle information already, so just unlock it so we can adjust those numbers ourselves (and stop having to do the ridiculous wall/angle tricks).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    Yup, yup. I'd love to make a jazz bar with a "band" on the stage with some of the manor musical furniture...
    I'd just like to put a candelabra on the harpsichord ala Liberace.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqrie_Tohka View Post
    snip
    This is really a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. Japanese culture or not, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to place a flowerpot on top of the troupe stage. You can already do a lot of ridiculous things with housing. Someone's personal tastes shouldn't impact what somebody else wants to do, that's ridiculous.
    (3)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqrie_Tohka View Post
    Why this feature has not appeared yet is for reasons of immersion.
    So apparently Lalafells using step stools by our discretion is "ruining immersion"

...oookay.

Also I'll mention FFXIV Housing Snap a Japanese site to refute your claim

Quote Originally Posted by Claviusnex View Post
    I'd just like to put a candelabra on the harpsichord ala Liberace.
    You can make the illusion of placing objects on non placeable items if you look it up on youtube. There's a Japanese site called Housing Snap where you can see how people have gotten creative by doing so. However, not all items are table top so it is hard to create this on items that aren't. Which is one of the major reasons why I support the OP for this. The troupe stage should act like an actual table. NPCs should be a tabletop item (as silly as that sounds it's needed for things like having a Lalafell be able to sit on top of items that give them elevation and more visibility).
    (2)
    Last edited by QT_Melon; 09-12-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast