Player
    Character
    Griever Zeheart
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Best strategy to get your customized anima weapon

I know that farming umbrite is a requisite to upgrade your anima weapon.
    But also there are another set of mats that are needed to use with umbrite.

Which of them are easier to get?
    I tried poetics itens but it forces me to do older content or PoD.
    Moonstones are obtained randomly or you can buy it at gc
    Primal items where good but diamond tear and levin items where expensive.
    There are other items i dont know how to obtain.
    Any recommendations??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Wiseman
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I personally use a combination of poetics tome items and Heavensward leves. While the tome items aren't great, they do give a small amount of sands. The leves in Heavensward can drop a blue chest randomly. The chest holds an amber-encased vilekin. These vile kins can be traded for one crystal sand each. So just stock up on you leve allowances, pick a leve and spam it. If you don't complete the leve, you can abandon and retry it. This allows you to span the leve and never pick it up at Ishgard again. Once you open the chest, the vilekin is yours, so don't worry about losing it when you abandon the leve.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    For the sands....I've had about 100+ red gathering scrips sitting around.
    I've just been converting them to blue scrips and getting the sand that way. I've personally never have had to grind for the sand items.
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I did a combination of poetics items, moonstones(dont forget you can turn in gear from any of the lvl 50/60/expert roulette dungeons for seals, enabling you to get some of these while you do umbrites provided you dont just spam ARF), primal items, materia(i had a few just sitting around) and gathering scrips. Then when i was close enough to finish in one burst, i burned through most of the 100 leves i was sitting on and farmed vilekin. Those were a boring couple hours(start leve, fly over area, open any chest, abandon leve, restart leve, etc), but finishing in a burst did feel good. I also thought it was good that i didnt burn myself out on the process by mixing things up for the first part of it. Took... a few weeks overall of not really grinding, plus one night of grinding as i finished. If youre looking for the fastest grindiest way to go, burn all your leves for vilekin then... just checked, you dont have any gatherers or crafters at the requisite level to chase scrips. Still, maybe thats enough? If you have 100 leves, that should net you between 20 and 40 sand. You need roughly 70 sand to finish. The time it takes to farm umbrite means leves can replenish, and you can mix in some of the others in between. It could work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rynard Artwite
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I get mine via blue scrip gathering. If you don't miss any of the node hits then you can easily get 3-4 sands per Eorzean day. Grab up the nodes then do something during the downtime.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zieg Dantel
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I had carpentry leveled so whenever birch spinning wheel was up I made a ton and handed them in, only two mats and easy to make, 5 wheels for 2 sand.
    (0)