Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    You also get a free V Materia from weekly Void Ark and Wiping City.
    Palace of the dead you can also turn in for V Materia
    As for myself i mostly make the gil gathering and have retainers to help me with that
    I start off my day usually doing Mog Tribe
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rei'mhi Nariya
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    RMT and selling clears.
    That's a hefty generalization that puts a bad light on people who choose not to focus on crafting/gathering...

If you're curious about how it's legitimately done here's a few examples:
    - Selling clears: yes this is legitimate and the higher end players usually do this to fund their FC/LS as a group. It's cooperative funding. Not a one-person thing. Usually the money made is either put into FC purchases or split among the members of the run.
    - Farming Lores: The HQ items bought by lore tomes add up to a good amount and for those who are saving money to make a big purchase it's enough to help fund a personal house.
    - Wondrous Tails: One some servers the x3 line gear rewards are around 10-30M. You also gain T5 materia from doing these which people who don't need it will sell.
    - Materia Farming: A little outdated, but force spiritbonding your gear for T4+ materia is another money maker.
    - Beast Tribe Quests: final tier of 2.0 tribe quests all reward T4 materia most of which goes for 20k a pop. Might not seem like much to you, but it adds up. A week of doing all these quests (especially the Ixal quests) will get you upwards of a mil in side-change depending on your server. 3.0 Quests will reward tokens that can be traded for items that can be sold. Especially the Moogle quests (them fibers).
    - 2.0 Raids: Coil drops items required to craft certain glamour pieces which ya'll make. The primary mats cost a good amount. I know people who farm these heavily for money.
    - Palace of the Dead: Gelmorra Shard = T5 DoW/M Materia. Secret chest thing also rewards nice stuff to sell.
    - 2.0 lv50 Dungeons: Materials that are chump change to you people add up to a good amount of revenue for us.
    - Retainers: Fully leveled retainers being sent out daily to gather materials and items is basically one of the best methods for people who don't have proper time to dedicate to the game as it can run while you sleep or are at work. Having extra retainer slots through cash shop also doesn't make you a P2W'er. You still have to level the damn thing and gear it and people without DoL/H have no need for the extra space provided besides leveling the retainer itself. It's P2W if it's instant gratification through money that severely affects the flow of the game. Not if you have to work it just as hard as people do with non-rented retainers.

And there's plenty more. SE made sure to make money making easy as ever without having to be DoL/DoH. My friend with none of that leveled spent the passed week getting free T5 Materias and funding crafted 250 gear for his PLD through the methods above including a very lucky 3-line win on wondrous tails. Not saying that RMT mongers don't exist because they unfortunately do), but your statement makes it sound like not being a crafter/gatherer and having a ton of money is some sort of impossible RMT/Clear-selling sin. Which isn't true. Because making money in this game is so easy that most people have hundreds of millions of gil just to look at the numbers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mhiro; 10-23-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhiro View Post
    That's a hefty generalization that puts a bad light on people who choose not to focus on crafting/gathering...
    I guess you missed my reply to a very similar statement last page. I do thank you for expanding on what I already said in that reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhiro View Post
    Beast Tribe Quests: ... the Ixal quests... the Moogle quests ...
    How does one do these without a crafter?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    How does one do these without a crafter?
    You don't.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    If you're a gatherer who knows enough other gatherers to form a full party The Diadem can actually be a semi-decent source of tomestones since two of the objectives will always be gatherer-based and there'll always be a third one (finding chests or examining crystal) that won't require a battle class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I believe you have to be at least level 15 on your crafters to even get access to Ixali tribe, Mog Tribe is 50+
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3