Player
    Character
    Rhaya Jakkya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    That would only work if the players abusing the feature first told the player they're going to kick that they're kicking them to get a friend in. If it's just a kick without explanation, the only player who would report it has nothing useful to report. Just saying "I got kicked and don't know why" won't get any action from the GMs. (Which is why it already gets abused so much. There's really no enforcement of the supposed "reasons" for kicking.)

I like Cinno's idea, though. Excluding this invite option after a kick but allowing it after someone leaves or disconnects would be useful at least a lot of times (if not always) and wouldn't be nearly as exploitable.
    I'm pretty sure getting kicked without anyone saying anything is a valid thing to report... Specially if nothing happened to justify a kick in the first place.
    The biggest problem with the reports really is in my opinion that you don't know what server the other people are from and I don't know if GMs can access logs regarding it all to find that out.

Also, removing the option to invite after kicking would also help very much to stop that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nebulon Gumball
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedalox View Post
    At some point we have to figure out where we draw the line with "abusable" and "worth the risk of being abused".

Because as it stands, I'm sure there's tons of great ideas that could be implemented to make FF14 a greater experience but run the risk of being abused. Just about anything beyond bare bones features will inevitably be abused, but that's why SE should have a level of moderation in making sure things don't run amok. Funny enough people are rejecting this feature out of fear of it being manipulated somehow when there's already cut in stone ruling not to misuse the Kick feature. So I dunno what the problem is.

(I was having a hard time using a word other than abused aparently)
    Exactly! I think we should have a trial period for something like this just like how we have a trial period for that action reset for raid wipe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anrui Mydia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miitan View Post
    This won't get exploited at all...
    Back before there was a penalty for withdrawing from Duty Finder I knew someone who abused the withdraw button to the max. They would check "Queue in Progress" and spam the Queue button until they got into something that was nearly over just to get the big tome reward at the end. They also did this to get specific Trials in their Queue. So yeah, having the system in place that's being proposed here will only get abused. I'm also glad they added the withdraw penalty to this game because it made doing certain content impossible to get into at times because so many people would abuse it.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3