Player
    Character
    Lokier Ame
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

[Suggestion] Market Board Minions (and other related things.)

Could SE please consider creating some sort of notification which warns you whether you own a minion or not before you buy it?
    Even if it's just a message upon clicking the purchase tab that says 'Warning; You will not be able to use this item, you have already claimed this minion. Do you wish to proceed?'

Another nice addition would be a search bar inside your minion tab so you can quick-search for certain minions by name.

Along with that it would be nice if FFXIV took what WoW did and put every minion in the book that you can collect, with ones you don't have greyed out / not active; just so you could see how many minions you have out of how many there are to collect. And, by gods, there are a lot. I have 105, an FC member I know has something close to 150 ...

The icon of uncollected minions could look a bit like the Yokai icons;

(13)
    Last edited by Lokier; 10-02-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokier View Post
    Another nice addition would be a search bar inside your minion tab so you can quick-search for certain minions by name.
    Yes please to this. I've got 200 now, 8 pages of 25 and finding a single one can be insanely time confusing as it's often not "grouped" where you expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokier View Post
    Along with that it would be nice if FFXIV took what WoW did and put every minion in the book that you can collect, with ones you don't have greyed out / not active;
    The only issue with that might be the now unobtainable minions (early soundtrack minions, preorder minions, etc). If they're greyed out they will forever be taunting that person that they don't have them. If they're excluded it's then not a complete list so is it worth showing them all in an incomplete form? (and also if it's showing all minions, without a search feature everyone would be suffering trying to find the minion they want!)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    The only issue with that might be the now unobtainable minions (early soundtrack minions, preorder minions, etc). If they're greyed out they will forever be taunting that person that they don't have them. If they're excluded it's then not a complete list so is it worth showing them all in an incomplete form? (and also if it's showing all minions, without a search feature everyone would be suffering trying to find the minion they want!)
    This is a real concern. I would say that for minions like this, maybe they could find a way to categorize minions between Items that are available In-Game, and Items that are available through Special Promotions. Those special minions could have a setting where they could be hidden unless otherwise checkmarked off. That way players could actively aim to complete their collection, within their means. Any others would be a nice bonus, and again, could be optionally shown.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amy Chase
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Account wide minions please!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Momoko Tomoko
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I just want a title/mount reward for 200 minions :0
    (1)
    The tiniest lala.

Player
    Character
    Ramo Dan
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I agree with the notification before minion purchase. This check can be used during loots as well. Also, just like other items, qty is displayed where you can know that you already have this item. I would like that they do the same for used minions. As for the minion book, It takes me time to find a specific minion and I would like to see if they can categorize / spereate them properly which would make it easy to search.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    F'lhinna Kutseru
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    They need to add a system like this for songs on MB aswell. I always forget which ones i already have or not...
    (2)
    Last edited by CUTS3R; 10-02-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lord Vicky
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    they do this for NPC vendors with songs. should not be hard for minions i would think as well as extending it to the MB. as for the grayed out list display i like that. unobtainable ones could be excluded as to not taunt players with stuff they can no longer get.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kallistra Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CUTS3R View Post
    They need to add this for songs aswell, i always forget which i alreay have or not...
    If the song is already crafted and from a vendor (ie. not the "faded copy" version that needs to be crafted) it gives you a message. They added a new song in Mor Dhona for 1,000 Poetics and I tried to buy the previous one and it gave me a "You have already claimed the effects of this item, are you sure you want to purchase this?" message and asked me to confirm again.

I'm not sure if this applies to minions or not as well. But I think the reason why it might not work for MB items is because you can just resell them if you accidentally buy one, I suppose.
    (0)

Artwork belongs to twitter.com/PeachPii
    Pretty «Cure»
    Dark Knight and Warrior
    Married Selli 2020

Player
    Character
    Lokier Ame
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like this, haha.

I think in terms of "unobtainables" they should just not appear in the book unless you know the minion. In wow certain mounts don't show because you no longer have access to them, but they will show if you have them. I'm sure SE could do this with the minions.

Also, though I only have 105, I agree they should add more achievements to the minion collection section. It's clear that getting more than 100 is very easy (if you work hard at it, haha.) I had originally thought I'd get a minion for collecting 100 but only got a title, seeing a minion reward for this would be a nice feature.
    (0)