Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Nobody posting here has made any attempt to suggest otherwise, the entire thread is just supposed to be fun theorizing. If you're going to post a reply please ensure it contributes to the subject of the thread, otherwise it's entirely reduntant.
    You say it not me.

Not need to say that the story had lazy depeloment with no actual proof.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cinno Lerem
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick22 View Post
    You say it not me.

They weren't saying the story had lazy development.. they were saying the developers were being lazy by putting her in Bard clothes when she's not a bard, instead of spending the time to design a new outfit for her.

That aside, where is everyone getting that they didn't have Jobs in their world? ._. I never read anything hinting to that and.. I mean technically they were ALL wearing traditional Job outfits..
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Patricia Nirvana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Regarding lazy development - didn't mean it as an insult. How I meant it is they didn't think it was worth making a whole set of gear for them and its likely due to they wanted them to look like the bunch in the ARR intro.

And Cinno what I mean is its quite possible that in their world jobs like White Mages etc doesn't exist - thus the other names for the jobs they do have that could exist in their world.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Connor Whelan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick22 View Post
    You say it not me.

There seems to have been a miscommunication here, but I made no attempt to claim that the story was developed lazily. What I said was that the gear design for the Warriors of Darkness was the same as existing jobs was due to them not wanting to create unique gear for 5 different characters. What I did say that the reuse of existing gear could have been down to laziness, which is simply my opinion (albeit a cynical one). I'll openly admit that I'm almost definitely wrong, and the more likely answer is that it's down to time and resource constraints (it's easy to forget how difficult it is to make unique gear for storyline characters). However, I don't believe there's anything lazy about the story itself and personally I found it very engaging and interesting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    is more for change the heroes.... if you didn't notice they are the heroes we was seeing in every video until now. even in answer it was them.... this story was more for put ourself more in the main role.... like passing the hand to us to save the world now. in a sense is the soul of the V1 that is finally put into rest, saying from now, we gonna only do new stuff... because ishgard was already there in the V1 we was wanting to enter. but from now, we gonna explore a new world... is not the V1 anymore. the heroes of darkness is more a way to say good bye to our old heroes and put us into the main role.

it have a lot of symbolism that can be missed. for se, FF14 v1 is the darkest chapter of the whole FF story line.... they was the heroes of light of this chapter, that why they was named warrior of darkness. and oppose to us, the new heroes of the story. even the video of HW was only showing the midlander.... not a group anymore. because we are the heroes, no one that will do it for us.

is far from be lazy.... magus, devot, ranger and such are name that can be used for talk of people that did reach a certain level into them different jobs or class. lazy? no, fitting yeah.... everything done in this part of the story have a lot of weight in terms of symbol.

do it have leave the people that didn't do the v1 outside it... not really, but for me player of the V1 it have a lot of feeling inside. kinda like we are finally moving on. perfectly fitting for the start of the new arc of our story in eorzea. soon we will finally get the last part of our continent, what some of us did wait for ages. it not something small... it's huge, i'm kinda excited to see what they will announce with the fanfest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Tails
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 83
    I heard a rumor that Square Enix trademarked a name which could be a leak of the title for the next FF14 expansion. I don't remember its name in full, but it contained the word blood.

Blood-soemthing.
    Something-Blood.
    Something-something of Blood?

Has anyone else heard anything?
    (0)
    Three Ilm Knights, One Thousand Malm Road

Player
    Character
    Connor Whelan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikoten View Post
    I heard a rumor that Square Enix trademarked a name which could be a leak of the title for the next FF14 expansion. I don't remember its name in full, but it contained the word blood.

Blood-soemthing.
    Something-Blood.
    Something-something of Blood?

Has anyone else heard anything?
    I heard this rumour as well but as far as I'm aware there's been no new information to corroborate this theory. As far as I remember it was Stormblood. Given that the first Fanfest is only two weeks away, we may find out whether it's true sooner than we think!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Warriors of Darkness origins. It's a homage to ver 1.XX since that was really the "first" world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCi1F1OvFSo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM
    https://youtu.be/h542YbZuwkQ?t=5m30s

Two things did stand out though, first was the enfire spell that the devout cast and second was of course the Mystic Knight type class Alisaie displayed.
    (4)
    Last edited by Dyvid; 10-02-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    There seems to have been a miscommunication here, but I made no attempt to claim that the story was developed lazily. What I said was that the gear design for the Warriors of Darkness was the same as existing jobs was due to them not wanting to create unique gear for 5 different characters. What I did say that the reuse of existing gear could have been down to laziness, which is simply my opinion (albeit a cynical one). I'll openly admit that I'm almost definitely wrong, and the more likely answer is that it's down to time and resource constraints (it's easy to forget how difficult it is to make unique gear for storyline characters). However, I don't believe there's anything lazy about the story itself and personally I found it very engaging and interesting.
    Not to mention that the Artifact gear they recolored for the WoDs actually was part of the plot of each job, i.e. the Black Mage artifact gear (Wizard Gear) was retrieved from the Voidgates you used the blood of the other Black Mages to retrieve, and the Warrior artifact gear (Fighter gear) was a set originally designed by the Hellsguard who separated the pieces in order to contain the inner beast (those are the only two I've gotten through and found out about, I'm assuming it's the same for the others)

Seeing the WoDs in gear that was supposedly relic and hidden and unique to each setting was disappointing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Advent Shadowsoul
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    hpmestly think its a name plate to differentiate them from our jobs, yes theyre all advanced jobs of the jobs we have currently, from the ff3 series(amd also in the ff1 nes we got changes from like warrior to knight black white red mages to wizards, etc.)
    we got amal'jaa rangers and the like as enemy nameplates so i think thats all there is to it. an upgraded soul crystal would be cool though kevek 30 just isnt cool or very high anymore
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast