Player
    Character
    Gyson Kincaid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Unable to install game - download / patching failure.

I'm here on behalf of a friend of mine who has been unable to either play or patch FFXIV on her PC since the 3.4 update released Tuesday. For the few years she's been playing FFIXV she's never encountered an issue with patch updates, but for whatever reason this latest patching attempt kept resulting in errors.

After trying a number of different fixes suggested on the forum and having no success, she opted to completely uninstall and remove the game from her computer, and then downloaded the launcher from the official FFXIV site for a fresh install. However, now that isn't working either. For some reason she is unable to download more than ~1.4 GB of data before the patcher abruptly stops transferring all data no matter how many hours she allows it to sit there.

Has anyone run into a similar problem and know of a solution?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gyson Kincaid
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I just wanted to add that we were able to resolve this problem by uninstalling the Windows 10 anniversary update (which had installed just prior to the FFXIV 3.4 patch) from my friend's PC. However, that's not a permanent solution as she can not avoid the Window's update forever.
    (0)