Player
    Character
    Kaelie Niie
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Why did you ommit names from badges?

Why did you remove Names (and I'm guessing servers) from the FanFest badges. It was really cool to be able to see who each other was at a glance.
    (2)
    I'd rather be in Zitah

Player
    Character
    Cennares Farrell
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Agreed. I would like to know who I'm talking to, seeing as I've never met anyone before.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sassie Minx
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    My guess is to expedite badge printing and distribution. So the long line doesn't happen again. At least for hours and hours just to pick up badges.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moxie Moonlight
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I plan to bring lots of sharpies
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jayde Ravynwing
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I was also a bit disappointed that my name wasn't on my badge. This was my first fanfest, and I kept having to ask people what server they were on, lol. Would have also been nice to get to meet my free company leader. I saw his name on the meet-up board, but I have no idea who he is or what he looks like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shir Kirakira
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SassieMinx View Post
    My guess is to expedite badge printing and distribution. So the long line doesn't happen again. At least for hours and hours just to pick up badges.
    I'm inclined to agree with you.

I went to the first fanfest and picking up badges was a nightmare--people stood for hours inline, because con staff had to make sure everyone's name was printed on their badge. Even then there were still screw ups--my husband who didn't play at the time or have a character ended up also having my character's name on the badge, despite there being a "I don't have a character" option to be printed on the badge, an option which we selected at ticket purchase. Staff were unable of to change it, despite wasting about 20 minutes trying fix it, and we ended up just taking the badges as is. So we were walking around the con with two badges with identical names on it, which certainly messed with people and the con staff! (We just ended up telling people: "We share a character" as a joke.). I felt sorry for the people standing behind us in line.

Having a name on the badge was neat, but IMHO, it was not worth waiting standing in line for a couple hours.

However, in future fanfests I'd like to see a blank space on the front of the badge to give you the option to write your character name and server on it with a pen. I think that's an acceptable compromise (and if your name shows up incorrectly on the badge, its your own fault LOL).
    (1)
    LOUISOIX DIED SO YOU COULD PLAY 2.O