Player
    Character
    Sublime Gem
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 63

Apartment rooftop/balcony common area idea!

I love the new apartments and their structure! It's great that there's a Choco Stable, Market Board, and Retainer Bell close by! I just have one suggestion to make that would make them ideal: Instead of just a common lobby area, what if each apartment building also had a common rooftop balcony type area? One with an actual view of the residential district like what some houses have, and with chairs and tables and such?
    Does this seem like a good idea to anyone else?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Zana Amariyo
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Seconded. I would love to have such a vantage point accessible to those who have an apartment.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maaka Angra
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I think it'd be pretty neat, definitely a good hangout spot.
    I'd like to add, I personally feel that the lobby area shouldn't be another "area" and rather the doors just open to it, I find that to be suitable for people to hang around more rather than just outside the doors and then have an option like we currently have with the door to the inside next to it instead. The rooftop should definitely be another area.. that'd be a lot of walking otherwise. lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Jeannet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I agree with Maaka. Not really sure what the purpose of the lobby is going to be most of the time. Sure there's a mender there but honestly what else will you go there for? The hangout is going to be the MB, just like everywhere else. A separate zone was disappointing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I agree with Maaka and Olivia about the lobby. It was a cool idea that was fumbled by instancing it. If they wanted it to be a hang-out spot and people to stay in there they either should have left it with open doors or put the MB, bell, and maybe even the aetheryte right inside.
    (0)

~ My FF14 IG account ~
    https://www.instagram.com/rymmrael/
    ~ Interesting FF14 fan creations to check out ~
    https://aetherflowmedia.com
    http://www.eorzeasntm.org/

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Can we naturally get onto the balconies of mansions first
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sublime Gem
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 63
    That would be great! Wonderful idea Titor!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delphor Pierce
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    If they could make it so Free Companies with Large houses could have a balcony that could store a table and chairs, I don't see why reworking the apartment system to be less instanced as it currently is would be a bad idea. As of right now, all I did was buy a mender and junkmonger permit and stuck them in the apartment, since then I could skip past the lobby straight to my room and have somewhat of the same functionality that it does now.

Now if only the development team could rework the placement of some items in my room so I could put items closer to the edges of the walls... :s
    (0)