Player
    Character
    Eva Niddottir
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Heavensward can't find the Base Game

Under Windows 7, the Heavensward install disc only has the "Install" button. When clicked it only says "...Please install Base Game". I have the base (non-steam) Game on the PC. It is patched and was playable.

I am guessing that this is because FFXIV is installed on a separate HDD partition and not under C:\Program Files\

C:\ is on a 64GB SSD. It does not have the room to copy FFXIV over to it.
    FFXIV is on my G:\

I created a symbolic link under Program Files but to no avail.

Since I registered the expansion already, the base game wants me to download the expansion. This is not an option for me and is the primary reason that I bought the physical disc. I currently have 8GB left of bulk downloads for this next month and this is asking for 10GB. In addition, large downloads are throttled in my location. Based on average download speeds, I estimate a full 10 GB download of Heavensward will take ~2500 minutes.

No help shows up on when Googled and the other post like this on the forums is unanswered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Mccree
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 18
    I kinda have the same problem with installing heavensward. I bought a new PC and had to copy the FFXIV:ARR folder from the old PC because of the internet speed. I have FFXIV:ARR as a softcopy (Non-Steam) and just bought Heavensward (DISC) and when I try to install it it says "Please install Base Game" the game is already there and working fine. also when I open the game now (since i entered the code for Heavensward in mog station) it says you have to download heavensward (10GB). is there a way to make use of the CD instead of waiting years to download it? Please help
    (0)