Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81

- SPOIL 3.4 - Minfilia's power ?

Hi there,

Do not read if not done the 3.4 MQS yet !

Something buggers me about her, did I miss the part where her new powers are explained ? how can she contain the light in the first dimension ? oO
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    The impression I got was more that it would be Hydaelyn drawing the Light from the First directly into herself (she's been low on aether for a while now remember) but she needed a person to act as a medium to allow her to do this, thus she sent Minfillia.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lyland Battersea
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    The person we once knew as Minfilia is long gone. In her present form, she's the emissary of Hydaelyn, just as Elidibus is the emissary of Zodiark.

The transformation took place soon after the tunnel collapsed behind Minfilia, back in 2.55. If I understand correctly, she gave herself to Hydaelyn, so that her own aether may sustain the dying mother crystal just a bit longer. In so doing, Minfilia became part of a collective consciousness known as the Word of the Mother.

In short, the "powers" you see Minfilia wielding now are a manifestation of Hydaeyln's will, conveyed through the Word.

And, as mentioned above, the Word was not sent to contain the over abundant light of the First; rather, she's there to funnel its light back to Hydaelyn, thereby saving both the First and the Mother from certain extinction.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aivi Kupo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Why does minfilia say goodbye to her mother then, if she's completely gone? I don't particularly like her so I'm glad she's going to be absent until we next need to rescue her.. Now if only someone could get rid of Alphinaud for good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
    The person we once knew as Minfilia is long gone. In her present form, she's the emissary of Hydaelyn, just as Elidibus is the emissary of Zodiark.

The transformation took place soon after the tunnel collapsed behind Minfilia, back in 2.55. If I understand correctly, she gave herself to Hydaelyn, so that her own aether may sustain the dying mother crystal just a bit longer. In so doing, Minfilia became part of a collective consciousness known as the Word of the Mother.
    In exchange for the aether in the WoD's crystals of light Hydaelyn chose to release Minfillia from her role as Word of the Mother. Hydaelyn was only using Minfillia as a last ditch attempt to sustain herself due to her lack of aether and the compromise was no longer necessary. It's stated with rather flowery language so I can see why people might miss it, but if you listen you can hear Minfillia's voice change when Hydaelyn leaves her body. If I'm not mistaken this was actually Urianger's plan all along; he wanted Minfillia to be able to willingly choose whether or not to go along with it.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    J'talhdi Belhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Pretty much what the others have said. I do think however that Minfilia is permanently changed. Even though Hydaelyn isn't forced to use her as much as a crutch, I get the feeling the connection is permanent. That's why she sends Minfilia. Minfilia can act as a conduit to allow Hydaelyn to take action since she doesn't seem to be able to act independently. Even on the Source she aids the WoL through the Blessing of Light which in turn is enabled by the WoL's ownership of the Crystals of Light.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sinon Everglade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I think Minfillia is completely gone now. She is carrying out the will of Hydalean on her own accord.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aivi_lo View Post
    Why does minfilia say goodbye to her mother then, if she's completely gone? I don't particularly like her so I'm glad she's going to be absent until we next need to rescue her.. Now if only someone could get rid of Alphinaud for good.
    The same reason she took the chance to talk to Thancred. Minfillia has ascended into becoming the Word of the Mother, but all of her memories while she was still regular ol' Minfillia are still there. She still cared about Thancred and F'llhamin as the parental figures who raised and loved her as Minfillia, and thanked them for it.

She even talks to us as her friend before departing.

Basically, Minfillia was never "dead" and gone at all like we feared. She was just one with Hydaelyn. Now that the WoD have given their crystals of light back, Hydaelyn has the power to let Minfillia act on her own.

And her first act was to reassure her loved ones she was going to be okay.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Belhi View Post
    Pretty much what the others have said. I do think however that Minfilia is permanently changed. Even though Hydaelyn isn't forced to use her as much as a crutch, I get the feeling the connection is permanent. That's why she sends Minfilia. Minfilia can act as a conduit to allow Hydaelyn to take action since she doesn't seem to be able to act independently. Even on the Source she aids the WoL through the Blessing of Light which in turn is enabled by the WoL's ownership of the Crystals of Light.
    What I wonder is how much of the reverse is occurring, the Mothercrystal being influenced by Minfilia.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojozan Nanazan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohar_Lahar View Post
    What I wonder is how much of the reverse is occurring, the Mothercrystal being influenced by Minfilia.
    Well, she hasn't called us on a linkpearl yet....
    (3)