Player
    Character
    Danel Vadan
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    MSQ
    Absolutely loved it. That final battle vs the Warriors of Darkness was boss. I wish Square would allow us to replay instanced solo battles.

4.0 Speculation
    Yda is definitely an Ala Mighan princess.
    Pretty sure Nero is awakening Omega and that will be 4.0 raid.
    Also, Alisaie's aetherial sword plus her comment in Rising Sands about exploring every school of magic makes me think that RED MAGE CONFIRMED.
    (8)
    "[E]very problem seems to be solved by throwing the WoL at it until it dies." - Lambdafish

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Main Scenario

Hoooooly crap. First, kinda sad the WoD story ends already. Would have been nice to fight them longer. Game is really lacking in cool villains. Granted that fight was super awesome. Alisae is super badass now. Between that, her new clothes and her being probably the nicest NPC in game, I think I have a new video game crush. Still wan't to know what Alphinaud's girlfriend whipered to her.
    Very proud of the Scions for doing so much this patch without asking Matoya for help.
    And I totally called the masked guy not being Ilberd. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    But if they bring back Nidhogg again, i will riot.
    Oh, hello Nero. I really missed you.
    (2)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Post-MSG /10char

I want Ga Bu to come to the Rising Stones and stay there :*(

Nero is working on Omega now. First, how did he get there without anyone knowing and is allowed to work on it (especially when we have to be super secretive getting the Dreadwyrm Trance)? But what is he planning with it? Just a toy? Aid for the Alliance? His own tool for conquest?

Of course the Eyes are back, and Elidibus had them (ish). I don't think they'll be used with Omega (I just don't see Nero aiding the Masks at this time. Unless the Masks take Omega from him...), but the Masks are reckless, and willing to condemn people to Tempering in the name of doing *something*...so maybe the Eyes will be used for their aether-syphoning abilities and used to summon or bind Primals (or whatever this "New God" is...). Would be another reason to hate the Scions, besides Ilberd being the Griffon. Unless they can be used to "unlock" this power the Griffon spoke of...

I don't like that Yda is so conflicted. She definitely wants to go join the Resistance in earnest, but isn't going to disappoint Papalymo just yet. Something is going to happen with her, and I don't think it will be good. Speaking of Papalymo, I feel like it may be a bad idea to let him have Tupsimati; the safest place for anything is likely with the WoL, despite any dangers we go into...especially when its keeper doesn't have the Echo.

Urianger...I trust and don't trust him. But I don't think he will turn on us again, not for a long while anyway.

Y'shtola isn't going to continue to travel with us in 4.0. Consult on Primals and the like, but she'll stay in Dravania. Krile may come come along, and I feel Alisae will as well.

Oddly enough...I do remember the man who is the False Griffon. Despite doing that quest last over 2 years ago...and a year earlier the only other time.
    (4)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Main Scenario

Warriors of Darkness arc completed, OMFG ALI IS A RED MAGE, THE WORLD WILL BE DESTROYED IF THE WOL DOES TOO MUCH GOOD, NIDHOGG EYES ARE BACK, NERO IS BACK AND HAS FOUND OMEGA, EVERYTHING IS BEING SET UP FOR AWESOME!

The hype for 3.5 and 4.0 is real peeps, THE HYPE IS REAL.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Alexanderrrrr

What's up with Cid and leaving people locked in some form of stasis? At least Mide got a happy ending which... Apparently implies the "perfect world" has come and gone? Well, I guess Alexander couldn't calculate our future...

Oh, and IDK what to think about Ark... That was quite clearly Ark in everything but name, Eternal Darkness confirms it... Guess we'll throw Ark on the same pile as Diabolos and Fenrir for now, not that that's a bad thing... Just one less Primal to speculate towards, unless they've specifically renamed him to feature Ark elsewhere, but with Eternal Darkness gone, that'd be like adding Shiva without Diamond Dust...

Nice to see 1.0s Limsa story get some closure... I wonder if that'll be a theme with the raids? Quite obviously Binding Coil was giving us closure on 1.0s ending, Alexander gave us closure on that little Limsa story... 10g says 4.0s raid will somehow tie into Corguevais' little story...

Great ending though... They really turned that around, Gordias was... Well, I've nothing nice to say about it... Should probably have introduced the tie to 1.0 earlier... I don't think it really spoils anything, but it would have had me much more invested in the story... An Echo cutscene in which we see Travanchet giving Mide the horn? Yeah, that would have been so much more intriguing than *touches face scar*
    (4)
    Last edited by Nalien; 09-28-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    L'yhan Nunh
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Well, naturally I am excited to get so much more information on the New World (the West) via item flavour dialogue and a book in the Gubal, and it really pangs on my wanderlust.

MSQ
    Just, wow. Okay, there are lots of loose ends here being tied up, which is impressive. A lot of connections to previous plot lines and story devices. Overall, I am very content with the character development of mine own character, as well as the NPCs around me.

I feel Alisae was reintroduced correctly, with proper acknowledgement to her character arc as mentioned in the Tales from the Dragonsong War. I was very impressed with the plot and script around this character, and I instantly was able to relate and glad of her addition to the scions.

Warriors of Darkness: I loved the links to the original 1.0 move - the WHM being able to cast Enfire on the BRD akin to how the morbol gets slain by the CNJ and Derplander. I loved that, given their names briefly, their dialogue and interactions with each other and the protagonists, they seemed like really fleshed out characters. I genuinely felt for them. So many parallels to our own story, our own path... It made links to the revelations we learnt of the Echo with Leviathan (becoming immortal) and the price that had to be paid. Really enjoyed this.

I can go on.
    (8)
    Last edited by Kyan; 09-28-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    MSQ:
    When I first saw the quest, "Promises Kept" pop in the patch notes, I just knew where it was going. Boy was I right and I fangirled like a maniac. What's even better, my character was well prepared and dressed for the occassion MY WISH CAME TRUE!! THANK YOU SE!!!!

I'm starting to like Alisaie more now; she is standing up to fight. The battle against the WoD was intense and their story kinda made me feel sorry for them. Maybe they aren't such bad guys after all. Oh, Urianger looks badass, he should get rid of his old attire and show his face more.

Yda is definitely hiding something from us, but dammit we're going to find out soon. And WTF!! WE'VE SHOULD'VE DESTROYED THOSE DAMN EYES WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE!! DX Throwing them into the abyss was a big no no.

I'll come back later to talk more about 3.4, but thus far MSQ is all that I cleared for the day.
    (4)
    Last edited by DreamAngel-Ren; 09-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raegen Beaumont
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    Post-MSG /10char

so, um, who is he? or which quest is it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    MSQ

Elidibus inferred that his master (I'm making an assumption by presuming he's talking about Zodiark here) has no use for the Void, which occurs when a world is consumed by either light or dark. Is that new news? Prior to this, I had thought the Ascians had inferred that Zodiark was aligned with the Void.

Post-MSQ Pure Conjecture

What with the Warriors of Darkness world being essentially a parallel dimension, which is a nice explanation for the differences and similarities with our own story, it makes me wonder if the world of 1.0 is another one of the thirteen shards (or mebbe the WoD's world) and is where our characters are originally from. That could go some way to explaining why no-one remembers us and exactly the type of transportation magic used on us when Dalamud fell. And why the Echo since ARR is so vastly different to the original.

On the bigger picture

A little disappointed that the core concept is the 'both too much light and too much darkness causes the world to end, so perpetual conflict is good', as that was also used for XI. Ah well.

Typo

In the dialogue at The Bowl of Embers, Urianger (or Alphinaud, idr) said 'ten and thirteen' instead of 'ten and three'. Needs fixing!
    (4)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    On the bigger picture
    well that particular idea was also used in III as well
    (9)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast