Player
    Character
    Glizdus Junior
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50

Output capp.

I'm wondering is there a capp for Output.
    Right now my Output is 111 (BNT41), and I'm able to do 7 attempts on Grade 5 spot.

When i was skilling my Carpenter and went to farm some Grade 1 logs I also were able to do 7 attempts for each spot.

So I guess stacking more Output is pointless.

What I've also noticed, is while i was leveling and my Output was the same for 3-4 levels, the number of attempts raised. So it must be some other factor which determines it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    1. Yes, there is an Output cap of sorts, obviously it varies depending on what grade you're targetting, though I'm pretty sure the max # of gathers on a single node is 8, not 7. Perhaps you were using the "You can gather here 7 more times" as your number? Beyond this point, stacking more output is pointless, yes, unless someone can show that it does anything more than increase the number of gathers at a node.

2. I'm pretty sure your level sets your base Gathering/Output/Perception stats (base not shown in stat window) and everything else is piled on top. Either that or you were using gear that was over your level and you leveled into it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Glizdus Junior
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    I've made BTN44 since then and now i'm able to gather 8 times from G5 spot with 138 Output. When i hit 50 i'll get all output gear I can have + materia for hatchet and it'll be clear how many attempts I can get on single spot.

It can come out, that 8 is a cap, but who knows I don't need +gathering gear anymore. Maybe I'll exchange some of Output for Perception.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Ya I"m pretty sure the cap is 8, I've gotten my Output to 155 and it's still 8 attempts, though at least I"ll be prepared for whenever they decide to release grade 6 nodes lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Good to know, thanks for the info.
    (0)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Player
    Character
    Glizdus Junior
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    BTN48, all +output gear i could get, hatchet with one +5 output materia. total output 179. still 8 gather attempts.
    i doubt BTN50 will change anything.
    need to experiment what is the level of output when i go from 7 to 8 attempts and from that level stop using output gear and put perception as much as i can.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerslazer View Post
    BTN48, all +output gear i could get, hatchet with one +5 output materia. total output 179. still 8 gather attempts.
    i doubt BTN50 will change anything.
    need to experiment what is the level of output when i go from 7 to 8 attempts and from that level stop using output gear and put perception as much as i can.
    Thank you for the testing. I'm sure many people are curious as to what that number is.
    (1)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Player
    Character
    Glizdus Junior
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    as for BTN48, 122 output is the EXACT number, where i jumped from 7 to 8 attempts.
    lol i was 57 over cap. wasted money on +Output gear. oh well. im sure SE will raise level cap and those 57 output will come in handy xD

idk if the level have any influence on the number of attempts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    At 50 BTN, ~130 Output is where cap is. Too lazy to try and find a more exact number, but 125-130 should be where you're trying to aim.

My current setup is optimized for Output, Perception, and INT (still deciding whether Gathering is worth a hoot :I):

Main Hand: Horned Hatchet
    Off Hand: Dated Steel Scythe
    Head: Felt Coif (black)
    Body: Woolen Doublet (purple)
    Hands: Felt Work Gloves (green)
    Waist: Vintage Shepherd's Belt
    Legs: Woolen Slops (purple)
    Feet: Raptorskin Workboots (yellow)
    Accessories: Dated Goshenite Ring x3
    (2)