Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

ROLEPLAY: The Chronicles of Eorzea Official Invitation Thread To Roleplayers

ROLE PLAYERS OF THE LAMIA WORLD

Welcome to the official thread for invitations to The Chronicles of Eorzea, a linkshell designed with the goal in mind to invite together members of the FFXIV community and fandom on the Lamia world with the desire to roleplay their characters as official additions to the ongoing FFXIV continuity.

What is Role Play?

The definition of role play is varied, but the easiest way to describe it is an exercise where a player takes the character they've designed and portray them as a person with traits and a unique take on the world they live. It's similar to the process of acting a character on the big screen in a movie, except instead of you being there as the voice or as the body of the character, your medium is your avatar. Your avatar is the character you control, and you act them out for the world to see them as separate from yourself.

This activity helps create a deeper understanding of the FFXIV continuity, as well as help inspire creativity for writing, music, and art, among other things.

And it's a lot of fun!

Some Role Play Terms

Below are some terms you'll see in meeting with and talking to an RP community:

IC - In Character, this usually refers to actions or things said that express through the medium. An example of this is when a muse is upset at another for an action made; it doesn't translate as the player is angry at the other player, rather, the character is upset at the other for said actions. Using this term helps communicate at what point are some things said in RP and when some things are not.

OOC - Out of Character, the opposite of the above, usually this follows an action or statement made for yourself, not for your medium or the character you are portraying in the game. Essential for discussions about story elements that your character wouldn't know but you would know outside of the RP

Muse - This is a sort of catch-all term to describe the idea that generates your character, the person you portray. You'll see this in a conversation like when people say they're "under the muse" or "this inspires my muse" to describe the sentiments and ideas associated with the character. These things often resonate to things such as music or art and people will take the chance to keep those inspirations close by to help stay in character.

Mun - Another catch-all term used to describe yourself. Mun refers to you, the player, the person controlling the muse and the muse's actions. What the muse speaks through the mun is one of the phrases you might hear the term used. But whenever this word comes up, it's most often used to describe the player.

-claim suffix (Faceclaim, Voiceclaim, Themeclaim) - Whenever a mun attaches claim as a suffix to a song, or a person's face, or voice, they are effectively stating that such concepts freely associate to the muse that inspires the character. It would mean they are saying that voice, or face, or whatever that receives follow with a -claim suffix belongs to their character. To new roleplayers, this might create a sense of apprehension as it suggests some plagarism of previous work, but the intention is to tether the sentiment or idea that the earlier work suggests to the character's identity not to steal the idea of the previous work to be the mun's own.

Canon - This term is used to describe events and situations that have taken place in RP that will stay in the story's histories. Canon will also refer to any events in side RPs translating to affecting the central scenario RP in small ways, such as reveals or personal moments between characters. When something is said to be canon, characters who were there at the event will retain the event in their memories. Alternatively, the term non-canon refers to RPs that take place that will not affect side or main stories. Sometimes this is done to exercise inspiration and generate ideas without having to adhere to the events that take place.

ERP - This term stands for Erotic Role Play, a particular aspect of role play catered to sexual scenarios. This term is often confused with traditional role play as this term gets used in jest to describe the latter. There is a lot of misunderstanding, miscommunication and overall mistrust surrounding this word and the ideas it holds association.

For the sake of clarity, The Chronicles of Eorzea is not ERP focused and does not cater to ERP requests. All those interested in ERP are invited to join our linkshell but are politely asked to keep ERP specific scenarios amongst their circles and out of the linkshell and its members. Any who disagree with this simple request will appropriately find an address, so we ask that you don't go out of your way to force anyone who does not desire to participate in this activity that others might find enjoyable.

How Can You Join?

Simple! Send my primary, R'nehva Tia, a tell while I'm online a small message expressing your interest in joining our linkshell. I'll talk to you for a little bit about what you're looking for, and I'll send you an invitation to speak with our linkshell leader who goes by the name Sa'rielle Chevalier. Once you talk to our linkshell leader, you'll get an invite and then you can RP to your heart's content with anyone else in the linkshell!

This thread also exists for invitations, but due to the system limitations, I might not be able to get to you in time as I don't see when this thread receives posts. So feel free to message me anytime you see me in the game!

I'll do my very best to hand out invitations to those posting in this thread, but please be patient if I don't get to you within a certain span of time! I promise it's nothing against you; I just wish there was a better notification system

Current Status of The Chronicles of Eorzea: [ACCEPTING NEW ROLEPLAYERS]

Official Announcements

~ As of March 3rd, 2018 the previous linkshell we were in made the decision to become a private community of roleplayers. Due to this decision, we moved our interests and now focus on operating Chronicles of Eorzea, with the same intention of getting RPers a hub and space to find and talk with others! Send us a /tell today!

Send us a message today!

- R'nehva Tia

Invitations sent from this thread

@Valaska - Invite Pending
    @CitrusKiss - Invite Accepted!
    @Alastair_Helyous - Invite Accepted!
    @Toriyamakun - Invite Pending
    @Valthorian - Invite Accepted!
    @ParadigmPixels - Invite Pending
    @Roshadus - Invite Pending

Original Post Last Edit 4-22-2017
    Since there's a slight recognition for RP in game now with the oncoming inclusion of an RP online status, I wanted to make a thread for those that RP, or are interested in RP

Note: Despite the general confusion, there is a difference between normal RP and ERP LOL

Share your stories, post your eagerness to get arcs started, or just come and chat about the concept!

I role-played my main as a Mi'qote who was featured as a sky pirate captain of the Whiteterns, a lesser known group operating under the code of the Redbills and are the primary source of the bright bluecloud harvests that create the needed blue dye for the Ishgard standard.

Also got a few alts, which include a Duskwight with voidsent blood from an ancient pact, his father who's a mercenary in the Ala Mhigan Resistance, and an Auri Raen who just started his own journey as an adventurer, following in the steps of the Warrior of Light
    (1)
    Last edited by Unittj; 03-17-2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Server Invite

Player
    Character
    Valaska Svendsen
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 66
    Howdy there, my friend and I are looking into trying out RP on Lamia, you still doing it and all?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaska View Post
    Howdy there, my friend and I are looking into trying out RP on Lamia, you still doing it and all?
    HOO boy does this forum do a terrible job at keeping me notified. Yes, there is an ongoing RP group that I participate in and if you are interested, you can let me know! I won't be in game for the next few weeks but once I get back on I will give you a heads up if you are still interested!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Bumping this thread for anyone interested!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Bumping thread to announce the RP linkshell I participated in has concluded our first story arc!

If you are still interested, we can help introduce your character during this week and next week with no damage to the ongoing plot!

Message me in game or on this thread if interested still
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'rielle Chevalier
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Hello! I'm interested in getting involved in role play, but I've never done it before on a video game, And I'm also quite shy so I haven't been able to muster up the courage to inquire about it before. But I would love to get involved!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Bump for May introductions! Now's a good time to get into the LS and the arc if you're looking to join a story before Stormblood!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alastair Helyous
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'd like to know if there's still room for me in the Linkshell. I honestly would love to roleplay and finding a group with similar interests would be wonderful, I think :X
    (1)

Player
    Character
    R'nehva Tia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastair_Helyous View Post
    I'd like to know if there's still room for me in the Linkshell. I honestly would love to roleplay and finding a group with similar interests would be wonderful, I think :X
    Just saw this today, we definitely still have room! If you find me in game, shoot me a PM and I'll get you introduced with our LS leaders
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lux Toriyama
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Lux Toriyama here! O/ I'll be on later today if you have room in the LS ^_^
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast